Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

something i dont understand

Old 02-24-2007, 01:33 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something i dont understand

so im talkin with one of my good friends the other day about bikes. i ask him if he has thought about getting on a bike anytime soon , he says no that he'd rather stay with his TSX. i can totally understand why he loves his car its great but after riding i cant ever imagine not having a bike again! so i try to explain why it is so much fun ! he goes on to say that its not for him. i can accept that but then he said something that i couldnt understand. he told me that alot of his friends including his cousins all went through the "sportbike" phase . they rode for a lil bit got tired of it and went back to their cars. i dont get it ! how is it that some people can treat riding as a "PHASE" so i started thinking about it an got to wondering how many people are out there riding just because its the "cool" thing to do. and how many of them will later say, "oh yea i tried it and got tired of it" its all these people who go out buy brand new bikes and then sell them a few months later for the the price of their loan ! ive wanted a bike ever since i was a lil kid. i finally got one around the same time as my brother and our friends. i didnt just get a bike because it was the cool thing , but because i wanted to ride ! i guess i just cant see how anyone can buy a bike and not love it. oh well i guess those are the people you love when you're shopping around for a new bike. because they just want it gone so you can usually find some good deals. .. sorry for the rant lol

Old 02-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: something i dont understand

I totally agree with you dude! I used to be into cars too but after getting the bike I've just kinda lost interest in cars, and just like you, can't imagine NOT having a bike! It's all I think about... I work on cars for a living and even there all I think about all day.... BIKES! My roomate (who's also one of my best friends) went through the phase thing though... bought his F4i in July '04, rode it all over the place and he's even the one that got me into bikes, then about a year later he just quit riding all of a sudden. The bike sat in the garage for probably 3 or 4 months before he sold it, and now he has no interest in bikes. He even keeps telling me I should get rid of mine cuz it's too dangerous. I dunno why the sudden attitude change, but I guess he didn't ride for the love of riding! Or just had a couple close calls... beats me. I realize it's not everybodys cup of tea though and not everybody shares the same passion for bikes that most of us do.... it's all good. Everybody has their thing that lights their fire. I do see alot of people though that ride just for the attention they get from it ( or think they'll get), not because they just love to ride. I think one look at my odometer shows why I ride [sm=loveeyes.gif][sm=smiley36.gif] I think I'd go crazy without my two wheel toy, heheh

Old 02-24-2007, 01:54 AM

No need to apologize, I'm with you, how can riding be a "phase" I'll stop riding sport bikes when the arthitis in my back is to painful to bear.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:07 AM

Its like a lot of other things in life. I bought a bike because I knew that I had always wanted to, something about the power behind them thrilled me. I have always liked speed, and the feel of open air.

You can tell those who arent in it just for the phase... the ones who say this is their 3rd bike, or had this one for 8 years now....

Old 02-24-2007, 03:30 AM

to each his own right? the old saying says alot and everybody has thier interests and not everybody is gonna agree with everybody else so i say live an dlet live and if they dont like what we do then that is there loss cause you cant drag a knee or put all your skills to use in a tsx lol and no im not knocking a honda automobile just cars in general lol

Old 02-24-2007, 03:42 AM

You can tell those who arent in it just for the phase...
No doubt, just like Gatorade " is it in you?" When it's in your blood, it make do some crazy things. Personaly it was easier to quite smoking. And the weird part is some people don't understand that, they look at me like I got two heads.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:26 AM

i dont ride to be cool. but if that was the case it would be like me likeing football[:'(] and rap[:'(][:'(] and having a ipod[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(] to be cool. 99 percent of the people i know like rap and football and i know 1 person who likes nascar. see i dont care what people think, say, or do. i only care about what i like and what i do. and this leads me to a vary care free life. i am never mad, sad, depressed always happy and sometimes tired.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

and this leads me to a vary care free life. i am never mad, sad, depressed always happy and sometimes tired.
and don't forget entertaining, James! You are always entertaining.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:12 PM

I believe I am in a "phase" too. I only ride cause it makes me look cool, and Im getting tired of all the maintenance money/time I put in to my bike just to look good for the ladies...

shiiiiiiii who am I kidding, im a LIFER [8D] ride on I say, ride on I cant get enough of it. for those who dont like it, their loss... I cant believe it either

Old 02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Users

I woke up one day, and just decided i feel like getting a bike today.....started out i guess some would say as a phase, but i grew roots in that funking thing after my first week, If it requires explination you just wont understand, my boss went through the phase, now he's perfectly content to know his bike is at home in the garage, covered up, CRYING cus nobody show' it attention! A bunch of guy's around here had a similar conversation this past summer, we came to the conclusion that people are stupid, and they get scared of the power these things have, and simply cant handle it. Me? I need some excitement in my life, and nothing ive found yet compares to bikes. Its nice to get off of work gear up, and take the funk off, no worries, no destination, just the road, an occasional obsticle...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: something i dont understand