Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Some Pink Pucker Hole hit my car today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008 | 07:04 PM
|
Default Some Pink Pucker Hole hit my car today!

Ok, here is a little background. I work in NY im from OK. I hate old people behind the wheel. <----most of them

So im in line at the car was in my Jeep GC Special Ed. 02", the first car i ever bought with my own money. So im sitting there minding my own business in this long line. and i feel my car jolt forward. so i put it in park and get out of the car. When much to my surprise i see Father Timein the car behind mewith his blind, deaf, mute 200yr old wife. So i get out and ask what the FU%K he was doing!!! His car is still touching my car from him hitting me so he backs up.. white paint, scratches, and a dent that wasnt there. So i ask the guy if he has insurance, he says yes, and aske me. we agree to deal with this after going through the carwash.. as to not slow the whole line and wait on a cop or info exchange, ect.

Well i can tell he is a shady old fart from the get go. so i ask the car wash attendant taking my money if he will get the dudes tag #... incase he bounces after i go in carwash.

so all is well get through the carwash and park, he is the car right behind me.. and sure as snow being cold that sorry old bag of bones tries to just leave.. so i jump in front of his car.

He gets out of his car screaming.. you ****ing redneck if everyone in NY stopped for a BS fender bender like this then the world would stop, and telling me that its not a big deal blah blah blah.. at which point i reply how the Fu%k do you get off telling me what is a big deal with MY car or not???. So i replied " i dont give a chit how people in NY handle accidents, but i wantyour license info/insurance and a written admission of guilt or i was just going to call the cops. (blue car with white paint/dent/scratches on bumper) not hard to figure out right.. well the old man decides all the sudden he doesnt think he hit my car and that he didnt feel ****, (which im not denying/ like i said it was father time.. i could have changed his clothes without him knowing) so at this point i tell him i havewitness' and he needs to do whats right or im calling the cops.. well he says call the cops im outta here... i called the cops. a NY state police officer showed up, took the witness statement, pics, printed me a report, and said he was going to issue him a hit and run misdomeanor ticket for leaving when told the police were coming/and a witness stating that as well:

next the cop was great, not a dick and quick with his work..

Anyone else for the mandatory yearly drivers testing for people over 60?

Had to Vent!!! Thanks

Old 01-18-2008 | 07:46 PM
Default RE: Some Pink Pucker Hole hit my car today!

Sad thing is....his insurance rates are half of what yours are because he is a "safe driver". ooohhhh puuullleeeezzeee [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Good luck with that...hope they find the old fart. Testing after 60???? hmmmmmm someday we'll be 60...70 maybe???

Old 01-18-2008 | 07:59 PM
Retired Moderator

I live in a subdivision called "Sonoma Ranch" here in Lax Cruces, NM. A lot of retiree's from California and other places live in this area. I've been run off the road, cut off, and have had to slam on the brakes for going double-digits UNDER the speed limit, running stop signs, etc. etc. I've seen drunk drivers that drive better than some of the old people around here.

Old 01-18-2008 | 08:47 PM

+1 for testing old people, and not just an eye exam, the whole works, just like when you get your license the first time. Luckily there aren't TOO many old people around me (CT) because it gets cold in the winter. I won't even get in the car with my own grandmother, even if i'm driving. she stares at the Speedo the whole time and starts bitching if i go +1. And god forbidI have to change lanes i'm "driving just like those hooligan kids who get themselves killed."

Old 01-18-2008 | 09:04 PM

Hell, I'm surprised that you were able to get a cop to show up. Here in Cleveland they would just make you go to the police station. They won't come to the scene unless there is an injury or the car is unable to be driven from the scene.

I know that when I drove my grandparents to Atlanta I was about to go nuts. Every freaking 2 hours they made me stop for some food or bathroom break. They turned a 7 hour dive into a 12 hour one.[:@]To top it off, once we get near Atlanta I am doing like 70-75 and I am being passed by on both sides like I am standing still. My grandfather looks over and tells me to slow down, i'm going to fast. I said no way in hell I am slowing down as I'll cause an accident. Only way I was going to slow down was for a cop or an off ramp.

Old 01-18-2008 | 11:20 PM
|

yeah old people.. man i dont want to ever be one..

Old 01-18-2008 | 11:38 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

Had to Vent!!! Thanks

Hmmm. You must be in your late teens or very early twenties. Yup. I remember being that age figuring anyone over 25 was pretty near dead. And 60? Might as well just go get a bed in the old folks home. Now I'm 64. Still havemost of my teeth, all of my hair, can see about as well as ever,still enjoy riding the CB650 (been my friend since 1980) and the CBR is a blast. Not to say that testing after a certain age isn't a good idea, just amused that you figure 60 is about the end of a person's useful life.

Old 01-18-2008 | 11:58 PM

live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse.

oh and I don't give a hell who it is, I learned my lesson a while ago and I always call the cops no matter what the severity of the accident.

Old 01-19-2008 | 08:09 AM

I've been in four vehicle v/s vehicle accidents since I got my license at 16 (30 now). Twice on a bike, twice in a car. All four were caused by a 65+ driver who shouldn't have been behind the wheel. Left turn on a red light, anyone? How about passing on double yellow on blind curve (that was fun, I had a brand-new [to me]Hawk 650and I had nowhere to go but into and over a guardrail...it did not end well). I'm not saying every over 60 driver is bad, hell my Grandfather moves his Harley FatBoy at a tremendous rate of speed...I've seen him embarrass kids on much faster bikes--but I do feel the license tests should be harder once you reach a certain age. Case in point--a friend of our family took his 72 year-old mother in for her test. They gave her a reaction time test, how fast can you move your foot from the gas to the brake in a panic situation. 14 ****ING SECONDS! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! AND THEY PASSED HER! Count off 14 seconds and tell me how that's a "good" reaction time.

Old 01-19-2008 | 10:13 AM
|

ORIGINAL: DRam

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

Had to Vent!!! Thanks

Hmmm. You must be in your late teens or very early twenties. Yup. I remember being that age figuring anyone over 25 was pretty near dead. And 60? Might as well just go get a bed in the old folks home. Now I'm 64. Still havemost of my teeth, all of my hair, can see about as well as ever,still enjoy riding the CB650 (been my friend since 1980) and the CBR is a blast. Not to say that testing after a certain age isn't a good idea, just amused that you figure 60 is about the end of a person's useful life.
be amused.. your old.. and i didnt say it was the "end of thier useful life." i just think that its a good time to start testing to show some of the fading physical and/or mental abilities of the driver. same as when you are 16.. if you cant see you have a restricted liscence making you only drive with glasses. ect. And man.. i used to read to the old folks home in high school. I understand that its purely person to person but i felt taht 60 was a good median to start the testing.

Quick Reply: Some Pink Pucker Hole hit my car today!