Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are some people just not meant to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Are some people just not meant to ride?

Ok, it's the guy at work and his gixxer again. I work the early shift and he works late. So we rarely see each other. Ran into him today and asked him if he's gearing up for the spring riding season... And he says his bike was hit back in November

That will have made the 3rd time that bike went down in 6 months (not counting his n00b drop out his driveway). 1st time he was bein dumb and lost a wheelie. 2nd one is still unclear. Only that somehow his bike met a highway divider. This last one he was apparently hit by a woman making a u-turn on a 2 lane street.

I'm still a little clueless on that one. He was in motion and I don't see any way a car coming out of a u-turn can accelerate enough to rear end a bike under speed. He says the fairings on 1 side are shot and there's prolly front end damage (since it has major headshake under power). And so, also mysteriously, the bike has been sitting unrepaired since Nov (he has full insurance).

So wtf??? Is it he's just not meant to ride or something???

Old 02-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the bike has been sitting unrepaired since Nov (he has full insurance)?

Well since he has full insurance he either hasnt had the money to pay the deductable or it was his fault and no report was made.

But yes i agree that some people just shouldnt ride. Ive ridden with this one crowd and there is one guy that always has to out do someone. So someone does a small little power wheelie he races his way to the front of the group and does a stand up through 2 cars. Just stupid **** like that. anyways in the past year he has gone through three bikes. A F3 was his first,A ninja , now he has a R6. He has been the hospital more than enough times to where a normal human brain would say STOP DOIN STUPID ****. But he keeps doin it. Its like a child unwilling to learn.

Anyways i no longer ride with them cause i was always having to look over my shoulder and see a effing wheel an arm reach out so i didnt feel safe.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be a lil of both (his fault + deductible). Every way I add it up, the solution comes out the same: lady was pulling a u-turn on the street and he smacked into her. U-turns being legal on most streets here in Philly (wtf?) it'd come down as a No Fault (at best), leaving both their insurances to cover themselves. Or his fault

And as for the stupid part, when I told him the insurance would prolly total the bike he said "Why??? It's still rideable except for the front end damage"

Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Typical gixxer owner!! lol

Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

don't think i'd rather have him driving a car around either...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe a 10speed!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Yes, some people dont have the motor skills and can't learn them to be fast enough to react on a bike. it's just a fact.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 AM

As a former instructor I can say YES some people are not meant to ride. They lack the physical and/or mental skills to operate a motorcycle. We tried to redirect such individuals into safer pursuits such as basket weaving, quilting,and scrap booking.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 AM

HAHAHA )) thats good stuff

Old 02-18-2010, 11:24 AM

everybody is good for a drop, but somtimes you shood pay attention to yer own riding skill...its hard to call someone a noob if yer fresh out of the box yerself...JMO....and basket weaving...thats great

Quick Reply: Are some people just not meant to ride?