Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Some more pics of Kane! Cat Lovers not allowed. (that means you Lj)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lj 900RReno
I know a thing or two about dogs because of google and my first dog.... when they are pups at the age kane is they do not have the ability to regulate their body or core temperature like dogs age 9 mo and up so the fact that he has a sweater on him is a great thing because it will keep his temperature in the average range that it should be especially since its the cold season im not trying to be a dick just saying id rather have my dog wear a sweater and stay healthy. Instead if paying hundreds of dollars in vet bills.. I know from experience and I hate the vet almost as much as my dog does now too
Heh... It's actually dog-dependant. Kai is has a double coat. Undercoat + outercoat. He blew his puppy fur around 3 months. He's well equipped for the cold now, unlike us humans who were shivering in 40 degree weather at the dog park this morning. And I do mean Kai won't allow anyone to put clothes on him. My girlfriend bought him a coat and he refused to budge until she took it off. Going so far as being dragged while sitting when she tried to get him to walk.

Nate, we found the bed in Petsmart. They have it on their website but no online orders. We got that cause Kai liked to pull the fluffy ones apart, leading to a bunch of lint ***** all over the house and him eating the fuzz.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the average american pit bull terrier they can fully regulate their temperature between 3 and 3.5 moths its more of the breed than the dog the vet I had to take my pups to said that my aussie rat terrier may not be able to ever fully regulate his temperature because he was the rung and its a weird mix but he is 9 mo now and is able to play in the snow but last month when it was just chilly he would run out pee and bolt back in

Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Oh yeah, something else for you to buy: Kong Wobbler

You put kibble or treats in it, put it down and get a get peace while he knocks it around to get the food out. Keeps them entertained. Might take him a bit before he's big enough tho.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2survRFLM

Old 12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Oh yeah, something else for you to buy: Kong Wobbler

You put kibble or treats in it, put it down and get a get peace while he knocks it around to get the food out. Keeps them entertained. Might take him a bit before he's big enough tho.i
Id look into getting this but im afraid.my daughter would play with it more

Old 12-05-2010, 09:54 PM

Nice. I'll check the local pet smart.

Kane has the medium size regular kong toy. Those things are great. Stuff a few treats, get a few moments peace. Although granted he sleeps about 18 hours a day so its not so bad.

Will that wobbler work on carpet Kuro? He has a designated play area that is on carpet.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Works anywhere, even grass. Our problem is the apartment's living room floor is uneven so Kai gets it rolling and it goes under the futon

As a pup you get get an entire meal in there. We switched Kai to raw so we only put a little kibble in there as a treat / snack / burn off 30-45 min of puppy energy

Old 12-05-2010, 10:53 PM

Switched him to raw huh. What's his diet consist of?

Kane is on Taste of the Wild - Sierra. Its the lamb mix. 1 1/3 cups at the moment.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Kai is on pre-prepared raw. Primal Raw. he loves it. Meal is gone in 2 min. We had him on Orijen Puppy, pretty much the best on the market. But it was too high in protein for him and gave him loose poo. Eventually, once he stops teething, we'll prolly put him on real raw. Just toss a raw chicken leg in the crate and a few organs in the bowl.

You sure you want Kane to meet with a real carnivore?

Last edited by Kuroshio; 12-05-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:14 PM

Yeah i'm familiar with Orijen. I like ToTW because its an all life stage feed. We'll see how he does on ToTW and maybe make a switch when he's past the 8 month mark. For now it seems to be working great.

Will do a little research on Primal Raw. Have no first hand knowledge of it. We've fed Orijen and ToTW to our dogs before though, both with great success.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All nice looking dogs, but pups are pretty high on the cute scale.
I have a wet weather dog coat, my dog loves water, puddles, rivers & the ocean, but can't stand walking in the rain.
She also has a few Kong products, including a Kong Frisbee, if anything their worth the $'s for their durability.