Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

some kid on myspace forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: some kid on myspace forum

Don't let a few dumb ****'s get you all pissed off. I'm only 23. I came onto a forum just like this one 2 years ago to figgure out witch bike I should buy (mainly because I didn't know who to go to for help). I took in all the info I could on bikes,some I thought made perfect sence and other info I did not. I deffinately did listen about the MSF course &Gear though. I didn't listen to starting off slow though.I got a f4i, it was probably the perfect bike to start outon.So don't give up on some of these guys some are actually being sincere with their questions.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 AM

I agree that big bikes are bad for beginners, but I also think it has a lot more to do with what type of person is on the bike. I started with an F3 over half a year ago and have put close to 10k on it and I haven't even had a close call yet. The F3 is definitly no rr but its still fast.

There are just some people, maybe most, that should start on smaller bikes because they don't have a good understanding of what their limits are. Some people think that just because other people on the same bike can go fast through corners or do crazy **** that they can too. I don't like systems that don't allow you to get whatever bike you want because there are plenty of people out there can handle any size bike because they know how to ride responsibly and what they can handle.

I'm confident that I would have been fine starting out with a much bigger bike because I would not have pushed it to a point that I could not handle. Alot of people say that a big bike is bad for beginners because in a close call situation they might panic and twist an unforgivable throttle, but I think that people should not even put themselves in a situation that would make them panic. You need to ride defensively and just expect every other car on the road to cut you off. And when your going around a turn you need to expect there to be some **** in the road that may make you go down. You won't panic over something that you are already expecting.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Banned

Your skill level should decide what bike to ride, not your attitude. With that said, many people could hop on a Busa after the MSF and never crash, does that make that bike a beginner bike? After the MSF I rode my buddies new 1000RR for a while, because I rode like a ***** I didn't crash, does mean it was the right bike? Just because I didn't crash does that make me ready for it?

Yes your attitude will save you from getting into problems, but MOST people believe that they have more skill than they really do. MOST people think they are smarter than they really are. MOST people think they have more restraint than others. MOST people thing they have better reactions than others. MOST people think they can drive a car better than others others.MOST people think that people in cars see them.The truth is MOST people are average. MOST people shouldn't start on a 600cc or larger sportbike. Most people (like me and most of you) will never, ever master a 600cc bike or even a CBR400RR if they sold them here. Most people are posers or use their bikes for running errands and going to work and spend 90% of their time riding like they had a scooter.

To give advice to a person to buy a modern 600cc sportbike as a first bike is irresponsible. This forum is littered with the bodies of noobs that have died or got hurt because they rode faster than their abilities or conditions allowed.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

I agree that big bikes are bad for beginners, but I also think it has a lot more to do with what type of person is on the bike. I started with an F3 over half a year ago and have put close to 10k on it and I haven't even had a close call yet. The F3 is definitly no rr but its still fast.

There are just some people, maybe most, that should start on smaller bikes because they don't have a good understanding of what their limits are. Some people think that just because other people on the same bike can go fast through corners or do crazy **** that they can too. I don't like systems that don't allow you to get whatever bike you want because there are plenty of people out there can handle any size bike because they know how to ride responsibly and what they can handle.

I'm confident that I would have been fine starting out with a much bigger bike because I would not have pushed it to a point that I could not handle. Alot of people say that a big bike is bad for beginners because in a close call situation they might panic and twist an unforgivable throttle, but I think that people should not even put themselves in a situation that would make them panic. You need to ride defensively and just expect every other car on the road to cut you off. And when your going around a turn you need to expect there to be some **** in the road that may make you go down. You won't panic over something that you are already expecting.
Thank you, Donohu, for such a well-putand concise statement. I can not add to it.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:36 AM

How does riding a motorcycle to work and not racing on roads make you a poser? Theres a place for riding to your limit and its called the track. last time I check most people, atleast on this forum, think newbs are the ones that try puttin a knee down on backroads and end up in the woods because they encounter something that they weren't expecting and they were already at they'r limit so they had no way to react. And besides, a poser would be someone trying to race around on the highway and **** thinking he is the next rossi. The only thing I agree with is that new sportbikes aren't beginner bikes.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:43 AM

Also, I'm not trying to make it sound like I'm some awesome rider that can jump on any bike and rip. I know I will go down and it is only a matter of time. All I know for sure is that I'm not going to go down because I pushed myself to hard when I really should not have.
Im sure my first track day i will lay my bike down, but atleast thats the best place to do it.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It all comes down to experience. When I started riding, yeah, I could ride the bike, and I didn't crash, but I was still paying attention to the bike more than the cars on the road. I have gotten to a point to where I can focus about 99% of my attention on the traffic and conditions around me instead of trying to figure out how to ride my bike. Getting used to what a machine is capable of and creating muscle memory for throttling and braking. If you put someone on a new 600rr--especially since a lot of peope don't even take the MSF--they are still going to be learning how to ride and not be able to put as much attention on the road as need be. Can it be done? Yes. I have witnessed dozens of people on this very board who have started on F4is, 600rrs, and even 1000rrs and not had a problem. Were they the lucky ones? Do they live in a town with population 1,500? Do they ride but 10 miles a week? What I have also seen is people come on here saying hey, I got an '06 600rr and I'm new to riding. any advice? Then the next week they are asking where to get a set of plastics, gauges, and forks cuz they totalled their ****. There are so many factors and odds against a new rider on a bike with too much power, I will never ever recommend something like that. Me, I started on a 600, a 20 year old 600 and it still has power, tons of power. So for a new rider to think they can handle whatever is thrown at them is just naive.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

How does riding a motorcycle to work and not racing on roads make you a poser?
Taking a sportbike to work doesn't make you a poser, what I meant to convey is that a sportbike is a great means of transportation, great in town and easy to handle at moderate speeds good on gas, doesn't take up much room in a garageand fun like nothing else. It is a great choice for many even if it never is pushed to its limits.

But many people buy a hot bike for the sake of it being the hottest, basically a ***** extension. Posers will talk stats and whatnot, worry about Fender Eliminator and flushmountsbut can't really ride well. They worry about the wrong thingsbefore the right things like Repsol plastics and a stearing stabilizerbefore a good helmet and an oil change.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 AM

Oh ok, I definitly agree with you on that one. I guess I didn't get what you were saying before. But yea, a good example of that is when poeple start running their mouth about how their bike can run 10's, but then they run down the track a second or two slower and start making excuses other than rider error. I know i'm no great rider, but I know my F3 ran a second slower because I can't launch for ****.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:49 PM

year 1980:
- Should I takea liter as my first bike?
-omg omgno!!! Better take 600 it can do only 30hp, not 50hp like liter! But the best biketo start isKawa,whichhas only 20hp...

year 2020:
- Should I takea liter as my first bike?
-omg omgno!!! Better take 600 it can do only 300hp, not 500hp like liter. But the best biketo startis Kawa,whichhas only 200hp...

Quick Reply: some kid on myspace forum