Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

some kid on myspace forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: some kid on myspace forum

The newb will not be alright if he twists no matter if it's a 600 or a 1000. That's why we preach "don't buy a newer 600 for a beginner bike." The 600 will pick up speed quick where as the 1000 will pick up the front end. If that was a 250 or 500 bike, the time the newb has to react and let off WILL be higher. These bikes are not toys and those are experienced riders talking about 600's being better than 1000's in corners. Do you understand now?

Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 AM

600's can own a liter bikein the twisties because 600's can handle and corner more, where the liter is all about speed.It's not like we are like "well go for a brand new 600 mr newbie." because we don't, but an un-experience rider is like " i want a new 600 or 1000cc, which one?" so we try to offer advice to get a smaller CC one to learn on.

you need to understand a liter bike has alot more power then a 600, it's just a 600 can over-come a liter bike in the corners. they are both really bad for beginners, but if you can talk a kid out of a liter bike to a 600 - you did some progress.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility..
We all suggest 250cc or a beater 600cc bike for beginning on. But telling an unexperienced rider to get a old 600 or a 250 (when he mind is set on the looks) it's very difficult to change his mind.

If a beginner freaks out and twists the throttle during a panic situation, is he gonna be alright if he's riding a 600? Is he going to kill himself on a 1000?
no, but the liter will easily pop a wheelie which in that situation - you dont need and for a newbie not being able to handle it, will probably experience a different out-come..

I think that idiots will manage to hurt themselves no matter what and safe people will be safe no matter what kind of bike they have. Can someone explain to me how all these people you talk about would not have died if they had a 600?
first off, the original poster isnt the idoit - it was the replier that was telling him to just go ***** to the wall and get a liter.And maybe the 600 might not save him, but we all know it has better chances of keeping him alive compared to a liter - just like wearing a helmet or not, i've seen people make it out alive with no helmet on - and I've seen people killed even with one on.

i'm not ragging on ya, but we do try to tell them to jump down to a lower bike in the beginning and learn the basic.

but trying to tell a kid that has his mind set on this:

to go to this:
Name:  Mysisbike.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  44.2 KB

is very difficult..

Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 AM

This has been said a million times before, but I'll say it again: a liter bike will spank ANY 600 on a straight. A good rider on a 600 can spank a bad rider on a 1k in the twisties, but a good rider on a 1k will dominate a good rider on a 600 in the twisties. Case closed.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We went for a ride about 20 of us yesterday through the hill country. i thought i would be riding at the back of the pack, 06 and 07 gsxr 750s, 1000s, zx10s, all basdass new mostly liter bikes, and i was riding 5th on my 87 600. to boot, a new rider on an 06 gsxr750 went down too, i think he came in too hot for the turn, but i didnt see it, he was behind me oh ya, but he was ok, just slid in the grass, bruised ego is all.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM

Testosterone....what a great thing....LMAO!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey!

...I love my testosterone![sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 PM

CBRinNC unless you are talking about genetic defects you can take the genetic Sequence from every human on earth and you will find there is noquantifiable evidence of superior or inferior genetics I will not discuss this any more (thread Jack closed)

as for the pictures above, the kawi as a beginner bike is not bad at all, 'started on a honda 70 that was already 20 years old when it got to me, man what a great little bike.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: oreo

CBRinNC unless you are talking about genetic defects you can take the genetic Sequence from every human on earth and you will find there is noquantifiable evidence of superior or inferior genetics I will not discuss this any more (thread Jack closed)
This is as close to a misnomer as you could get without actually making it there. I'm going to guess your understanding of genetics stops at maybe a sophmore college biology level at best. So I see no need in discussing this any further. If you would like to have a serious discussion regarding genetics (since you challenged my original post) I'll be happy to oblige by PM or email. Nothing personal has been meant by this comment. I'm a newb here and I'm not trying to **** off people from the get go, ok?

I think you're absolutely right about the Kawi as a beginner bike. It's really funny how so many new riders (usually younger riders...yes???) downplay the enjoyment a 250 can bring. Don't you think it might have something to do with aesthetics? I could be waaaaaaaaaay off base here, but I really think if the US had some of the sportier 250's that you can get in Europe/Canada/Japan we would see a lot more new riders more willing to go the 250 route. Of course like I said, I may be way off base here.

Yeah, how fun is it to take a 250 out and ring it out for all it's worth on some twisty tarmac? Ahhh something you just can't with larger bikes.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBRinNC

ORIGINAL: oreo

This is as close to a misnomer as you could get without actually making it there. I'm going to guess your understanding of genetics stops at maybe a sophmore college biology level at best. So I see no need in discussing this any further. If you would like to have a serious discussion regarding genetics (since you challenged my original post) I'll be happy to oblige by PM or email. Nothing personal has been meant by this comment. I'm a newb here and I'm not trying to **** off people from the get go, ok?

I think you're absolutely right about the Kawi as a beginner bike. It's really funny how so many new riders (usually younger riders...yes???) downplay the enjoyment a 250 can bring. Don't you think it might have something to do with aesthetics? I could be waaaaaaaaaay off base here, but I really think if the US had some of the sportier 250's that you can get in Europe/Canada/Japan we would see a lot more new riders more willing to go the 250 route. Of course like I said, I may be way off base here.

Yeah, how fun is it to take a 250 out and ring it out for all it's worth on some twisty tarmac? Ahhh something you just can't with larger bikes.
You are so right on the cosmetic of the ninja 250. What sux if all the manf. have updated 250's in other countries. Yet here in the US we have a 20 yo design kawi ninja 250r. But if you research it, other countries require riders to start small, like kids do with bicycles, and move up by tiers. Here we'll let some n00b who has never sat on a bike much less can handle a supersport walk in lay cash down or finance his soon coming death and let them ride out on the latest n greatest 1k or worse a busa just because he thought it would make em look cool. Road rash aint cool, death is less cool. But thats why we have a 20 year old 250 avail here and the rest of the world has the good chyt!! Also in Europe they race the 250's still.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Banned

After reading so many posts from noobs getting hurt bad on their new 600s I agree that SOMEONE has to say something to these people thinking a new sportbike is OK to start with. Many of us have done it (I did luckily, but with about 3 very close calls in 9000 miles) and survived without getting hurt but the odds probably go up dramatically when comparing a 250 ninja to a 600RR with respect to serious accidents. Whenever I see a post or talk to a person, I ALWAYS discourage them from buying a new 600 as a first bike. And as far as a 1000cc sportbike, no way, no how is that bike for 'normal' people with just a couple of years experience.

A new 600cc is probably 10X quicker than an old Kawa903 Z1or a GPX750 or a CBX or GS1000. Those bikes were scary fast in their day, even a yamaha VMax is slow compared to a sportbike. Whatever the case is, the faster the bike, the better the brakes, the smoother the power, the more people will get hurt. For those of us that think we really can handle a 600cc bike, most of us are wrong and we don't know it until we are too late. The propblem is newbies and squids go for the hottest new bike out there and the 600rr is it, I see more squids on 600RR than GSXRs in my area (no helmet, no shirt, hat backwards, flipflops, weaving in and out of traffic).

If I had to do it again, I'd probably get a smaller cruiser to start and then after a year look at a sportbike.

Quick Reply: some kid on myspace forum