Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So what are we at... like 6?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what are we at... like 6?

I think I've read 6 brand new, 2008, fresh from the press stories about some our members hitting pavement this year.

I'm not sure if any one of them said it was something they SHOULD have been able to avoid - but they were riding over their admitted limits.

"We've got to do it cleaner and better, folks." Lt. Puett (BCSD)

Ride safe guys. Let's have a reality check before someonelogs out for good.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Default RE: So what are we at... like 6?

my friend(not on CBRforum) wrecked his f3 last week to..seems like people are a little eager to ride and they are forgetting there commoin cents?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quite the connundrum...

Common sense not being common and all.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yea this late spring is makin us northerns a little jumpy ithink ( well i can only speak for me i guess). After looking at how i rode for the first time last week i am ashamed, and am gonna take it down a notch now. Good lookin out Kid

Old 03-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Banned

Nevermind!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Banned

Dude it's not like that at all. I hope everyone can see that.

I'm only pointing out the alarming fact so we can all think a little more - myself included! I'm not going to defend myself from your comments because I think you are the only one who is taking offense at it, and why not? You had an accident today... I'm sorry for that.

This is about everyone. I've already made a few posts about the 929 and how much fun I'm having with it - it's not even APRIL and I've been out rompin' that thing like I"ve owned it forever.

TK is right, too. It's been an unseasonably long winter for everyone in the country this year. People are getting antsy... myself included.

I'm really not an *******, I'd appreciate the benefit of the doubt, at least.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Banned

Sorry Kid. Looking back at your post, I jumped the gun. Body is starting to stiffin up and I am contiplating going to the ER. A little on edge.

Not trying to start anything, and I totally agree. This has been a sad start to the season for most of us. I hate reading these post's. Everytime I do I just am thankfull its not me. But now it is. This sucks, but it could be allot worse. I have family that have not faired as well with gaurd rails.

Wish you well and a long safe season!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 AM

Although I view kid as an *** on some occasions, I feel that this thread was justified. We're already downing riders like crazy this year. It's something that should be brought to light so others don't make the same mistakes. We want to help others through our personal experiences. Going down is ugly, but it's an ugly that those who have not done it will not understand. We're not kicking you while you're down. We're trying to curb the enthusiasm of the new season at hand so we aren't seeing any RIP threads.

Edit: you got your correction post in before this, but I don't feel that the message needs to change.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Banned

Jeez. Thanks man, thanks.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Although I view kid as an *** on some occasions, I feel that this thread was justified. We're already downing riders like crazy this year. It's something that should be brought to light so others don't make the same mistakes. We want to help others through our personal experiences. Going down is ugly, but it's an ugly that those who have not done it will not understand. We're not kicking you while you're down. We're trying to curb the enthusiasm of the new season at hand so we aren't seeing any RIP threads.

Edit: you got your correction post in before this, but I don't feel that the message needs to change.
Well put sixhundred. +1