Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I got rear ended on my bike today

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:18 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I got rear ended on my bike today

I have, what one might call, the worst luck of all time... I'm sitting in traffic about to go get a new tire put on the Repsol and... BAM! I get hit from behind by this lady in a minivan... I didn't fall over just got moved forward about a foot or so, but the bike is jammed in there pretty good. There is absolutely no way my bike is movin becuase she hit me so hard it got stuck in the bumper and hood of the car. I literally could've gotten off the bike and it wouldn't have fallen over.

Anyways I jump off the bike and I'm like "WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!!!" She gets out of the car crying and covering her face and all "Are you okay? Are you okay?" Fortunately I was fine, but then I was YELLING as loud as I could "How the **** did you not see a 7 foot tall guy sitting on a bright orange bike wearing a bright red jacket??" and she's just crying and carryin on "I wasn't lookin I'm soo sorry"

Long story short we do the once over on both vehicles, my bike has absolutely 0 damage whatsoever. Not even a scratch where the exhaust went into the hood. Her van has two little holes in the hood where the pipes went into it and the bumper is cracked in two where the tire went into... she offered to pay for anything I asked for but there was nothing wrong with it except for a lot of scraping on the tire but I was literally on my way to swap it out any way. After I told her I was fine she said she didn't have insurance cause it wasn't her car so if I didn't mind she didn't want to call the police. Well you guys know I farkin HATE cobb county police so I had no problem with that.

Then I got the guy at the bike shop to give my bike the once over and he said it was 100% perfect mechanically and physically.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: So I got rear ended on my bike today

damn i was seriously expecting when i opened this to see the repsol laying on the ground bleeding and you hovering over her lifeless body .... but you got damn lucky boy . hard to imagine it being stuck in there like you describe and 0 damage to her. i guess someone upstairs really was watching out for you [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-23-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm glad you and your bike are ok. At least she didn't try to run. I agree that some situations do not necesarily require the involvement of law enforcement.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:27 PM

Shoulda got her to chip in for a new tire.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vp, sorry to hear that, but glad it was not too bad. Could have been much worse.
She was probably yappin on the phone not paying attention.

Be Safe Everyone!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 06:32 PM

doesnt get much closer than that

Old 02-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** that sucks good to hear everythings ok

Old 02-23-2008, 07:29 PM

Dang man!! Your right definitely bad luck!!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Remind me never to ride with you, JK man

Old 02-23-2008, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

"How the **** did you not see a 7 foot tall guy sitting on a bright orange bike wearing a bright red jacket??" and she's just crying and carryin on "I wasn't lookin I'm soo sorry"
she's driving a unregistered 3000+lb piece of steel and she "wasn't looking"...

I would have:

a) followed her *** to the bank so she could take out $1000 to keep my mouth shut.
or
b) pimp smacked that silly bitch.

Glad to hear you and the bike are alright though.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:54 PM

Can't blame her. Hard to spot an Orange Bike.

Odds are she was distracted by the 10DVDs of Nemo going off at once. But really Typical Atlanta driver. Which now that I think about it is probably why we have soo many Busa's with bling. Hard to miss something the size of a bus that sparkles like a disco ball.

Quick Reply: So I got rear ended on my bike today