Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I got a nice present yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So I got a nice present yesterday

Grats bro.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

SHEESH I just got done looking at apartments for the last 30 minutes and there's not a place within 20 miles of the store less than 850 a month...20 miles makes for about an hour and 30 minute comute at the wrong time of day
Which side of town is the new job on?

Old 12-22-2007, 07:01 PM
VP

within a mile of lenox mall

Old 12-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if you don't mind rooming with somebody for a couple months, let me know... my buddy is desperate. 22 miles away approx.... I think he's asking around $350/mo + util

Not sure if that's your thing or not, but, it definitely beats paying full rent and utilities on 2 places at once. Let me know....

Old 12-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats VP. I just inquired about a job in Norcross.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Retired Moderator

Veeps...that is f_cking awesome, bro!!! You have paid your dues, and deserve all that comes with the promotion! No words of wisdom concerning your new job other than..."be yourself". What you have been doing got youthe job, and you need to do the same thing you have been doing. Great news, my man!!! Merry Christmas.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:38 PM

Advice from experiance- It's a bigger paycheck for a reason!

1. Get ready for LONG hours, lots of questions, e-mails and phone calls - this will take up the majority of your day
2. Be professional - always dress and act the part.
3. Do not be "friends" with the people you are over. You can be nice, but be firm. This is probably the biggest challenge for most new managers.
4. Give people clear set goals. Make sure that they know your expectations and treat everyone equally.
5. Seperate work from home- try your best not to bring it home with you.

PS. Problems always seem to happen at about 4pm on Friday and last until 7pm. Just remember how good you feel right now about getting the promotion and remind yourself of that feeling once-in-a-while.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
Any advice for a youngster like me from the older, experienced businessmen?

First of all, I don't appreciate being called old! [8D]

Only way you're going to find anywhere near "decent" rent down there is to look for universities in the area and look for preferably graduate students that have homes in the area and need roommates (they'll be less problematic as they will be spending most of their time studying).

Congrats and Yo, Yo.. Yo..Yo, Yo, Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play And we ride on them things like every day

Feel free to call or PM if you need advice, have questions, etc... We'll definitely need to plan a ride when the weathers right.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:48 AM

What company do you work for?

You said the position is a training manager, so I assume you'll be training people. Just keep in mind that different people learn in different ways. Some people learn by watching, some people learn through hands-on experience, and others learn through a combination of both. A good manager can quickly determine the type of learner an underling is. Also, be firm but fair. Set the same standards for everyone regardless of gender or race. <------- you'd be surprised how much gender-based discrimination still goes on in the workplace today.

PS- I LOVE going to Buckhead for the weekend and hitting up some of the bars. hint hint

Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 AM

Ya Im a little fuzzy on the "what is it you do again?" thing Im too lazy to back to the "What do you do for a living thread" so any way, congrates on the promotion

Quick Reply: So I got a nice present yesterday