Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Snowboard boot fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snowboard boot fit?

Just wondering is it normal that your heels come slightly up when in your boots? I've been boarding for about a year now and when I rented boots one size smaller hurt my feet so I ordered a slightly bigger size but my heels come up slightly..it shouldn't effect my riding will it? thanks

Old 11-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Default RE: Snowboard boot fit?

You should not be able to move in your boots. If you piston in your boot, your going to use excess energy to control your board. Try on more boots from different companies too.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:10 PM

ORIGINAL: DDCavi

You should not be able to move in your boots. If you piston in your boot, your going to use excess energy to control your board. Try on more boots from different companies too.
+1 to that.Also when (or if) you buy new that its better to have them be a little snug. They might feel a little on the tight side but once they break in you will be good to go.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 PM

to find the best boot fit... unlace it as much as you can, slam your toes toward the tip as far as you can. then stack your index and middle fingers on top of eachother (like your crodding your fingers... but no overlap) it should be a REALLY tight fit between your heal and the back of your boot. Its how they used to fit ski-boots in the 80's, it still works today. you really should get no lift from your heal.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Retired Moderator

The boot does need to be snug. Loose boots are about as good as loose women. They work in a pinch, but you end up with sores.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

The boot does need to be snug. Loose boots are about as good as loose women. They work in a pinch, but you end up with sores.
^^^^^LOL

I have wide feed and skinny little chicken leg ankles and I can't find a dang boot to fit me. My feet are always going numb when I ride. I think this season I'm going to check into the Soloman line I hear they have some nice boots that can be made a little more custom to your feet. My Sidi boots I have a problem with too. My foot doesn't come up but I tighten them up as much as I can and there is still about a 1/2 - 1" gap between my boot and my leg.

To answer your question no your foot should not move at all. But, your speedometer should not exceed the posted limit, you should not eat fast food, you should not keep naked pictures of an exgirlfriend, there are lots of things that should not happen but sometimes that's just what you have to deal with. Unless you go out and drop $750+ for a custom set of boots nothing will fit 100% perfect.

BURTON FTW!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Retired Moderator

I have a set of Flow boots and bindings, and I have never been more comfy in my life. They cost a few bucks, but I am glad that I spent every penny!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe an extra pair of socks?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:23 PM

i would consider myself a pro in this subject, (used to ride on an am. team with Rome, Grenade, Von Zipper)

avoid heel lift at all cost! if it means buying a new pair or heat molded boots, (salomon, 32, and a few others) then do it.. boots are the one piece of equip not to take lightly..

i rock 32 lashed.. light sick boot.. with flux bindings<---my favs.. on a rome artifact 159,55, and many others..

enjoy..

Old 11-19-2007, 08:49 PM

Thanks for all the advice i'm def gonna try out some other boots then...also i'm 5'9 188lbs is a 160cm a good length for me? damn can't wait for riding season!

Quick Reply: Snowboard boot fit?