Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

snowboard

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snowboard

alright so i won a snowboard at work the other day, but know nothing about snowboarding. but i can't wait to go!! so i need advice on my gear. what to look for and what to stay away from. i'm not trying to break the bank but i want decent quality as well, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. oh, and the board is a 7-up board. an evo i think. thanks

Old 01-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Default RE: snowboard

Don't go with step in bindings, use strap ins. Boots you should spend the most money on. Snow gear is dependent an climate, and take a half day lesson your first day out, they'll show you the basics and just hit the bunnies/greens all day for the first day or two, you'll be on blues in 3 days.

Where ya going riding?

Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 PM

actually i've never been riding, but when i go imma go to either mammoth or mountain high. thanks for the advice, i'll defenitely go with strap in bindings.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:33 PM

heres the deal.. go to mammoth.. i lived there and in tahoe for 3yrs.. 120+ days of riding a year.. the snow sucks at high.. but the park is sick..

you wont be even looking at the park your first day so go to mammoth and get some real lessons on good snow..

PS.. get flux bindings.. and boycott burtons garbage marketing..

rome boards are sick.. , i like von zipper goggles.. and wear special blend gear for the most part..

if you go to mammoth let me know i might be able to hook you up with lift tickets..

i worked there untill about 10 months ago.. while i was working in the oil and gas biz on the side.. now thats my full timer and it has me in ny..

Old 01-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Retired Moderator

I agree with Morgan. Step ins aren't a good idea...not enough support. Get a boot with good ankle support. I use Flow boots and bindings, but they are pretty spendy.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:08 PM

no offense.. dont get flow.. just looks gay.. and its expensive..

get flux bindings, tech nine also makes good bindings, and i have 36 boots i love em.. used to have salomons and they were nice also..

if there is one thing you buy brand new make it boots..

and make sure they are alittle tight.. as they will break in..

PS my avatar is a pic from mammoth rock on a hike in october 06! summers there are just as nice

Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

no offense.. dont get flow.. just looks gay.. and its expensive..
Looks gay? That is like saying a perfect breast looks gay, besides, I'd still ride 'em even if I thought they looked gay becuase they are so functional...

Old 01-24-2008, 02:17 PM

yeah yeah yeah.. they are gay.. i mean i dont care bc i dont wear them.. but if its a 7up board check these bindings!!

http://www.flux-bindings.com/us/flux/index.html

Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM

I demoed a pair of flow and thought they felt great, but I heard the cables break and yeah they're pricey. I roll with Forum bindings which I freakin love, Oxygen whiteroom series for my board which is a little stiffer and more back country (I stay out of the park after breaking my back in one), and thirty two boots. I've gone through a few sets of burton boots and didn't like my last pair too much. the Thirty twos are pretty comfy.

And gear is up to you. I think orange camo everything! j/k

Old 01-24-2008, 04:42 PM

I ROLL...
CAPITA- Indoor survival series board
32- (I cant remember the model) Boots
686- Outerwear
VON ZIPPER- Goggles
BURTON- P1 Carbons! The best bindings ever!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/11673/E3F23EEACD4A4E5699B76974E6BDA387.jpg[/IMG]

There are two Bindings and only two that I would buy. BURTON P1 carbons and DRAKE F-60s. Everything else sucks (FLOW!).Alot of people hateBURTON because they are the best!

Quick Reply: snowboard