Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The snow is coming!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The snow is coming!

The damned weather forecasters here are calling for it in a week or so...The trees are bare. The frost is staying on the grass past noon. The pavement is cold. Only one or two more opportunities to ride before the bikes get put away with stabilizer in the fuel..
Its no wonder people are getting cranky.Days are getting shorter.Winter is upon us.
Costco has the Christmas stuff out already.
I am gonna have to bring a bike into the living room and set up a fan so I don't go crazy cooped up in the house. Ahhh the wind whistling past, the sun in your face, and sights and sounds of summer are gone for 2008.
I envy those of you who get to ride year round.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: The snow is coming!

Yep it sucks.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:45 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

damn only time i get to see snow is when i head up towards tahoe ... otherwise i just keep ridin.. headin out on the highway , lookin for adventure and whatever comes my way ...

Old 10-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, we can usually ride year round here, but really only in the afternoon. I remember I used to ride during the night and early mornings (to and from work) during the winter when it was in the low teens outside. I was freaking MAD I tell you. But now I spoiled myself......I have a car with heated seats that I have no idea how to turn on.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

^^ haha , i was lookin at buying thisaudi a4 and i got into the 1st time and i swear i didnt know how to turn anything on. glad i didnt buy it . but foxy if you let me borrow your subie ill be sure to show you how everything works lol

Old 10-20-2008, 03:47 AM

a week or so..some guys have all the luck..there is already a foot on the ground here.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Banned

This thread is depressing. [:'(][][X(]

Old 10-20-2008, 04:07 AM

100* here to day... will it ever cool down??

Old 10-20-2008, 04:10 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the seasons, serioulsy I think I would get fed up with all year round hot sun ... as much as I love summer here and obvioulsy for the riding too, I do like the winter especially if it snows, its so picturesque here when it does ... autumns are lovely with all the colours of the foliage too, then there is spring when everything blossoms again and you have the whole spring and summer ahead ... I do love getting cosy in the cottage during winter by the fire when the wind is howling outside ... travel issues aside you shouldnt get so depressed over the seasons, its just life and you get to think about or do other things during the winter months ..for me winter is a quiet cosy time where I play catch up and do lots of reading :-)

Jules

Quick Reply: The snow is coming!