Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

For Slow drivers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For Slow drivers

I drive in 2-3 hours of traffic almost everyday. Two to three hours of my life gone just like that. This would be beneficial to me. We could use some of this is Southern California...especially in the Los Angeles area.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:00 AM

wish they had that in Ohio...get these damn Semi truck drivers in all 3 lanes...and other idiots that just think they own the left lane and going under the speed limit....

Old 01-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we should have a system like lazer tag (given to select citizen's like me)and if you get tagged 3 times for the same offence IE: speeding, impeeding traffic, driving a mini van, cutting in line and such you get a ticket in the mail for that offence. Three strikes and your out...
This sounds great - imagine the fun you could have with your co-workers!

I notice that when someone is going 60 in the "fast lane" and won't move over for miles...they have a Washington state liscence plate. I would love for Oregon to adopt this!!!
State rivalries are a blast... - Here it's those damn Minnesota drivers - I attribute their stupidity when it comes to speeding to their crazy high fines. - They don't dare go more than 1 MPH faster than other cars when passing for fear they will get one of those crazy $100 tickets. - Here in ND you get pulled over for 10 over and it's a $20 fine and your insurance never finds out - over there it's $60 the minute they talk to you, and 10 over is closer to $100.

As for the stupid drivers, this mainly goes for the border people (Rural) - Minneapolis is great - they book along at 20 over the limit all day long. - It's a blast driving down there... (Though I'm sure those folks feel ND drivers don't have a clue)

Old 01-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Banned

Easy ticket to beat. 'I slowed down for a chicken crossing the road your Honor'. You can always make an excuse for driving slow, driving fast is harder.

But I agree with the law/ticket for left lane banditos.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Retired Moderator

Left lane cruising is HORRIBLE here in the southern NM and El Paso, TX area. People go 55 in the left lane when the posted speed limit is 65 or 70. This causes congestion, tailgating by many, and road rage. When I'm in my car, and someone is holding up the left lane, they get a quick tap on the horn and I'll flash the brights.

I've been tempted to buy one of those blue mini-LED light bars so when they don't get over, I could flip that on and scare them out of the lane. But, not only is that highly illegal, it might backfire quite badly. But I've been tempted.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:13 AM

First rule of the road: Slower traffic keep right. I don't know how many states I've driven in and seen that sign. Driving is serious business. Those that don't know, don't understand, or don't care, don't belong on the road. I say raise the testing standards anddrivers training to incorporate these things. Accidents happen when there are things out of your control, such as road hazards around a blind turn. If it's not something like that it is negligence, and someone is responsible.
Yes, fine them for creating that dangerous hazard. If it's out of ignorance, call it remedial drivers ed.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:22 AM

I love it! They need to do that here in Ohio. I'm going to say this and I am not being racist, but what i'm going to say is the truth and anyone that drives on the free ways around the Cleveland Oh area will know what I'm talking about.

It seems that just about every black person no matter the age or gender likes to driver 5 under the speed limit in the left lane and will not get out of the way no matter what. Alot of old people do it as well and it's not good when someone like me that likes to speed comes up on them and has to slam on the brakes and then a traffic back up starts. It happen almost every day here.

I have seen people go as slow as 50 in the left lane in a 65 zone during 5 o'clock rush hour. Most people around here do about 80 in a 65.

I see as if you don't want to speed-that's fine, but get out of the way for someone that does or needs to for what every reason.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:50 AM

the Clevland area must not be strict like the Cincinatti area...offiers are EVREYWHERE on the interstate! you go 80 through here and you better believe your getting a ticket....I drive 80 mile to and from work interstate, and I see ATLEAST 4 troopers on the way their, and on the way back.....and in the summer, they have the biker cops...and they hide in the underpasses where you cant see them before its too late....

Old 01-11-2008, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

the Clevland area must not be strict like the Cincinatti area...offiers are EVREYWHERE on the interstate! you go 80 through here and you better believe your getting a ticket....I drive 80 mile to and from work interstate, and I see ATLEAST 4 troopers on the way their, and on the way back.....and in the summer, they have the biker cops...and they hide in the underpasses where you cant see them before its too late....
I drive 54 miles a day round trip for work and I maybe see a cop or state trooper every other day. On any given work day I will hit over 90 mph on my drive home. You have to watch where you speed around here, but over all it's not that bad.

I agree that the semi trucks love to take up all the lanes and do 60 mph tops ERRR!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Florida supposedly imposed that law but yet to see someone pulled over for it.

Quick Reply: For Slow drivers