Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

For Slow drivers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Slow drivers

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...rs.beware.ktul

I don't knw how much it pisses u off but when im driving on the highway and people are just coasting in the left laneholding up traffic cuz everyone else in the other lanes are doingthe same speed that is how traffic problems start.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Banned
Default RE: For Slow drivers

Its to bad its just Oklahoma enforcing this.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Woo! About time the lazy bums around here did something worthwhile!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If only enforcement was easier. These lawsshould also include a clause about the time/mileage spent passing. - I've been on interstate stuck behind someone passing (or barely passing) another car for MILES on end. - That can not be safe, and is just as bad as someonelazily cruising in the left lane.- If you are passing, you should do it as quickly and safely as possible, not leave cruise set 1/2 MPH faster than the other guy and take 5 minutes+ to go around.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whew 206 dollar ticket ouch. I'd say its about time though. I'm from Oklahoma so I'll tell you guys if it starts working

Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps a graduated ticketing procedure would be appropriate. - IE 1st offense - $20 or some paltry amount, but a reminder that if you're caught again, it jumps to $200. - It is an odd law for US drivers - but I thought it was commonplace in Europe I was watching a show on the AutoBahn and laws, etc that make it a safe place. -I believe there it wasn'trestricted to speed or lack of, it is based on being in the left lane ONLY when passing.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:55 AM

Now if Florida would just do this. Omg what a help that would be. I don't know how many times I am in the left lane and starting yelling at people cause of that.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Ty

Finally, at least one state is trying to do something about these left lane bandits. I frickin hate those people that refuse to move out of the left lane. The best is when there are three or more lanes and there is some stupid bit## all the way to the left with absolutely no idea that she is completely screwing up the traffic flow around her. You would think that the honking, swerving, flicking off, and throwing things at her would get her to move to the right, but no, she is determined to stay in that left lane until it kills her.

On a side note, when I lived in England the police would enforce flow of traffic laws. If you got passed on the right (well, left over there) you were considered to be obstructing traffic and would get a ticket. For the most part, though, they are far better drivers than in the US. It is considerably harder to get a license and a motorcycle endorsement is very difficult. You have to go up in steps by engine cc, where your first license only allows you 500cc and less, then the next year you get 600, then 900, then open license. Full gear is also required to ride, not just a helmet.

But, alas, this is Ohio, wherewomen are free to enter the expressway, swerve across 4 lanes of traffic and park the frickin car in the left lane causing no less than 42 near collisions in one fell swoop. God I wish they would enforce the left lane here.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:19 PM

[sm=goodidea.gif][sm=happy046.gif]Now if only we could get some of that in Tennessee.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Retired Super Moderator

So, you can't go under in the left lane.....but you can't go over, either. So when i get behind someone goin 64mph, i'll get in the left lane and go 65 to pass him----woooo hoooo!!!

lol just messin around, i am a huge fan of this, Ohio needs to do the same.

-Adam

Quick Reply: For Slow drivers