Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sleepless nights

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Official CBRF Decal Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleepless nights

Well lately in my life I have had to go to court for a few things. All marriage related, child support, divorce, custody.. and well I haven't slept good in like a week.... I wake up in the middle of the night, and all I can think about is her. I guess now's a bad time to figure this out but I don't think this is what I wanted...

I need help and or suggestions to clear my mind or for something to do.

What do you do when you can't sleep?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:47 AM

Beer, ****, repeat

Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

try taking a melatonin a half an hour before you go to bed. it'll help. it helps me, especially when i'm stressed.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:25 AM

Having good friends around helps. You need to give your mind a break from reality sometimes.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm going through similar, luckily we never got married, but there is a kid involved. good luck man, I'm trying to figure out the same things myself.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by tyrsmkkyle
Having good friends around helps. You need to give your mind a break from reality sometimes.
+1 here, having a good friend around definitely helps. When I went through that with my ex, and son, I was in the military still so I had a lot of good friends around and was easily kept busy with work. I was in the Navy, so our deployments happened around the same time, which worked for me. I had no choice but to keep focused on work.

Good luck, bro, hope you can make the best of things. It sucks having a kid involved, I know. Focus on your kid. They have an uncanny way of making you smile no matter what goes on.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 to all the above, Melatonin has worked for me when I've had to adjust my sleep
schedule for work. I've also had luck with Exedrine PM. I switch them off, so I don't
get a tolerence to either.

As far as the issue creating your insommnia, time will heal a lot of heart-ache.
I know that sounds trite, but I survived a bad break with a lot of strings, you can too.
Just keep liking who you are, and start looking for someone else who'll do the same.

Good luck, Ern

Old 11-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ Harp
What do you do when you can't sleep?
Turn on my computer and surf the cbrforum.

They say Benadryl heps as a sleep aid but I wouldn't recommend it for longterm use. You might try a Google search to read about its side effects.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of things you can do to prepare you for sleep, lots have already been suggested. My wife likes to read for about 1/2 hour, its different for everybody until they find their key. What I will suggest though, waking up at a certain time or times during the night is a developed sleep pattern, which you have to break. My neighbour has to get up at 3:00am for work, but he does it without an alarm, because he has done it for years, so he wakes up at the same time even on weekends, poor bastard.
Sedatives are not a great idea, but if you use them just to get over this rough patch. Your going to try & sleep with an active mind, you got to learn some way to let go & relax.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

well.... i've also woken up in the middle of the night like you're doing too. concentrating on breathing helps... and so does counting.

but then i just try to think about something i love doing, so i usually end up thinkin' about riding or wrenching on bikes.

and tell yourself that it's going to get better, because it will. hang in there man.

Quick Reply: Sleepless nights