Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sit back & think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Money DOES buy happiness.
But where people go wrong is when they get greedy.. GREED is the #1 killer of happiness.. If your trying to "keep up with the jones" then your never going to be happy.. LIVE LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT AND YOU'LL FIND HAPPINESS.. If living comfortable for you is an Average income, with an average house, a dog, 2 kids and a wife.. then who says you cant be happy.. The only person to tell you if you are truely happy is yourself.

I make Above Average money between me and My S/O.. I work 6 days a week @ 10-12 hours a day.. But i love my job.. I love coming to work.. I love my days off and my work schedule works for me.. My S/O works 6 days a week 8 hours a day.. we have the same day off. and she is at work when im at work.. We get to see each other A LOT and i love it... we dont have a fancy car.. dont have a waverunner.. I have my motorcycle and she has her civic.. we have our own apartment and are living life the way we want to.. Yeah we could go get a house and start a family.. But thats not in the cards right now..

Once you start living for yourself and not for others is when you will be truely happy. Doesnt matter if your make 2 mill, 35K,20K,12K a year.. If your living the way YOU want to live... Then you will be happy.. Take away the Greed.. and just live life.. and see how great life really is.. People up top maybe happy with what they have, but at the end greed kills everything! Nothing is ever good enough for them!

/rant.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happiness and fulfillment is overrated. Once you realize this you can come chill... I'll be over here in the lonely and miserable club. :P

Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Richness in your heart makes you happy. Just be happy with whatever you are doing, every second of your life. Even if you are in "junk" job, find something in that job that make you laugh and be happy about. It is very easy to find something to complain about. But when you keep complaining, that's not going to make you happy. Money can enhance your life but will not give you happiness. When you don't have $1,000 in bank, when you have $1,100, you are happy but then you start looking at other people who have $100,000. then you are miserable. Look inside yourself to find your happiness. There are many people who have nothing but have family and true friends and spend time together without spending money and enjoy each other's company, and being happy. Money is not a requirement for your happiness.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:26 AM

money=bike=happiness

Old 08-14-2011, 07:54 AM

you can't always be happy. I dont care who you are or what your circumstances are, even if your the Apostle Paul. It's just part of human depravity, your in denial if you think otherwise.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 AM

A couple of years ago I saw a documentary on people who won various lotteries. Research has shown that if you were a miserable SOB before you won the lotto, you're still going to be miserable after. If you were happy before, you'll still be happy after. Having tons of money won't eliminate life's troubles, it just gives you an entirely different set of problems to deal with.
One of the findings that I found interesting was that most lotto winners follow the same pattern after becoming suddenly wealthy: most, along with the new house, cars, vacations, what have you, hire an attorney, an accountant, and soon thereafter, they seek psychiatric help so they can deal with the new found stress that comes from having all that money.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 PM

Honestly.. a few of you guys pointed out something that would make me happier overall.

I was laid off a few months back.. but I've never really had a job I loved going to. I enjoy helping people, and that aspect of one of my jobs was cool.. but only to a certain point. (That point was when the people got angry, pissy, and blamed me for things out of my control while I tried to help solve problems for them.)

I need to find a job that I love. I want to find a job I will be excited to wake up every day and go to. Just seems hard to actually find it. I think that would bring a lot of happiness.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard many people quote "Money is the root of all Evil" and unfortunately that is not quite correct. It's the Love of Money that is the root of all evil. Cause we not spouse to love money but instead we spouse to love each other. We spouse to use the money to express love. Ah we Tiny little humans floating on a big spinning ball of mass in endless space, each with their finite allotment of life and living days. We see them come and we see them go but yet we think as if we live forever. Ashes to ashes ma friends dust to dust. Like many of you Im sure, some mornings when I'm riding, I see the fresh morning sunrise over a meadow, I ride along, take a deep breath and
feel thankful and grateful and smile.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by horse_power777
I have heard many people quote "Money is the root of all Evil" and unfortunately that is not quite correct. It's the Love of Money that is the root of all evil. Cause we not spouse to love money but instead we spouse to love each other. We spouse to use the money to express love. Ah we Tiny little humans floating on a big spinning ball of mass in endless space, each with their finite allotment of life and living days. We see them come and we see them go but yet we think as if we live forever. Ashes to ashes ma friends dust to dust. Like many of you Im sure, some mornings when I'm riding, I see the fresh morning sunrise over a meadow, I ride along, take a deep breath and
feel thankful and grateful and smile.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i