Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sit back & think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sit back & think?

If you take a moment and sit back and think. Is being rich really worth it? Would being famous actually help yourself out in the long run or people? Would being poor really be that bad? What motivates you in life? Even at your worst have you ever got back on your feet or did you just fall to the ground?

I was thinking tonight. Money and items never really mean anything to me anymore. I guess when you find that girl you just love and want to marry everything we ever learned and were taught means nothing. I would rather make crap money as long as I could see her night. I rather have a small house if it meant not working long hours which kill me. I would rather have that medium style pay check if I can swing that wrench later in the garage. I think being rich and having everything fancy has been blown out of water were when I was in school we were taught to be rich to have that massive home and to have that benz in the driveway. Comes down to really why? Why can't you just be average?

Some deep thinking I guess. So ask yourself would average be alright?

Old 08-12-2011, 12:02 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Money doesnt buy happiness".... do you live in America? Cuz it buys a wave runner.... you ever seen a sad person on a wave runner???

lol

Daniel Tosh Completely Serious: Wave Runner Joke - YouTube

lol come on thats pretty funny i think...

I try not to think that, and completely appreciate the things and people I have and am thankful... but its somewhat true cuz I'll tell ya I really want the 11' zx10r

Its funny you brought this up because I just had a "money doesnt buy happiness" conversation with a co worker today..
And I just finished reading your post... Its true. You are right. I work Every single day... Between two jobs, and I miss alot of family dinners, partys etc and time to hang out with friends/gf etc :-(

Last edited by CTcbr929; 08-12-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:17 AM

I have mixed feelings about this. At this point in life.. if I were rich I think I'd be happy. Then again.. I am young. I would love to have money to put into cars.. bikes.. etc.

Then again - you do have to be grateful for what you do have, because some people have less.

I dont know.. if money doesn't buy someone happiness.. I'll gladly take their money from them.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:07 AM

i dont want to be rich at all, greed occupies and controls

be thankfull what you have and live for it.

my dad once said '' you can make a fortune, and loose it, then get it all back again, but you will never get your years back, so occupy your time filling them not chasing greed''

and ''never live with regret''

Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 AM

I used to work for billionaires, 4 private jets, Ferrari's, house in the caymans, yada yada. And in all honesty from what I knew of them, which is actually quite a bit since I worked at their private home, they never seemed all that happy. The amount of wealth they accumulated gave them such a high standard for everything that they were always disappointed. If the yard wasn't perfectly green or if a squirrel **** on one of their sidewalks it was just another thing for them to be upset with.

They also had major family issues as they were brothers who took over their dads business and turned it into an empire. Not saying I wouldn't love to have what they have and do what they did but at the end of the day I could see how it really isn't something I'd ever kill myself for. Working your life away is no way to spend life, money is important but you can never recover time. I learned that working 65 hours a week busting my *** at the age of 19. Really put into perspective how important friends and family were because I never got to see them.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:42 AM

I'm almost entirely motivated by Money on a professional level.
I work in sales. 100% commision. I do pretty well for myself and money is what keeps me working hard and getting up.

I also thrive on the whole sales aspect and get a high from closing deals etc.

Now I know just because you're rich you aren't automatically happy, but I don't like the argument, oh i'd rather have a woman I love and be on the poor side but really happy.
I see two problems with this. Most all relationship strain, divorces is either over Sex... or MONEY!

and if you really love that woman so much, get off your low income *** and find a better job to give her and your potential family a better lifestyle.

Find that chick and get rich.

MOB suckas

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 08-12-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Krux
Is being rich really worth it?
(From Quoted)
Rich in which sense? I am rich. I have my family and friends (actual friends, not aquaitances) who will be here for me in the drop of a hat. I have a wonderful and loving S/O who I adore.

Money wise like you're talking. I have a good, steady job that I enjoy and don't dread coming to. I am living comfortably. Do I own everything I want? Negative, but that makes it feel that much more special when I work hard, save, and earn it.

If I were to get the news today that I am going to become a dad I would be like any other red blodded man and bust my hump, work harder do whatever it takes to give my family the best.

My personal definition of being rich is helping out and being there for my friends and family. Walking out of a hay field to drink fresh Sweet Tea with my S/O during supper. Sitting around a fire, drinking a cold beer and raising hell with my friends. I have that and feel i'm the richest man in this town right now.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Money can't buy happiness... But it can rent it until you run out of money

Quick Reply: Sit back & think?