Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sit back & think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 08:47 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CBRClassic the waverunner thing is just a joke... learn to laugh man... cuz its true.. can you frown on a wave runner?? No, you cant. lol

And who ever said greed is also right. Greed is #1 on the seven most deadly sins!!

MOB, MOEverything LOL jk Ima happy camper with what/who I have.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow great comments I like a lot of them. I know people wont agree with this topic, but I truly hit rock bottom a year ago and now after recovering from it this is how I feel about it hence why I posted it. I have the cars, I went to school, I had everything. Just that one person in your life can make everything change so much. If you feel that cars and other stuff can ease the pain it might but it will haunt you later in life. I see my manager which is unhappy in life since he worked so much and never got the chance to go on dates, get married, or even have kids. He just talks about how he is going to retire at the age of 50 but after that has no clue what to do with his life after that.

CBRclassic: You have some great advice and I know you have been through a lot. I like hearing what you have to say on this subject. Thanks for your input and anymore input you put into this topic.

And the jet ski thing I laughed pretty hard.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay a serious reply:

I think there is a point at which money CAN essentially buy happiness. I've seen it with a very small group of people. But those people have characteristics in their personality that made that possible. They attained enough money to remove the worries of making rent, to give them the freedom to do what they want... and simply removed themselves from The Game.

That's where most people go wrong. They don't get out when they have enough and keep pursuing money for the sake of the pursuit. Who here can say they've never EVER dreamed of having enough money to never have to worry about going to work again, being able to move some place where the climate is perfect and ride the days away? Or maybe having their own personal track where they and their friends can carve it up any time they get the urge?

I've actually already calculated how much money is enough. Approximately $6 million dollars and I'd never have to work again, never have to worry about making bills, never have to rob Peter to pay Paul. At $6 million, I'd be out of The Game and could pursue what I want to do, whatever it would be that day.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:10 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

$6 million?? Damn Kuro, thats alot of Washingtons.

Speaking of $, I have to get ready for work! Ttyl CBRF

Old 08-12-2011, 09:20 AM

Meh - money CAN and DOES buy happiness. I would think more people would feel that way on a motorcycle forum.

In MOST, not all obviously, cases a motorcycle is a purely supplemental form of transportation.

In the DC area I'm not able to ride year round as a reliable form of transportation and I require a car(My big boss LTZ fully loaded Tahoe ) for work. My bike is purely a toy. And my very favorite toy ever to boot.

If I wasn't in a financial situation that allowed me at least enough extra green to buy a bike I wouldn't have one. And that would make NateDiesel decisively unhappy.

Take a poll of 100 people with networths over 1 Million vs 100 people on Food stamps and I highly doubt the "happiness" or however you wanna gauge it is even close.

EDIT: i'm also not referring to people who compulsively buy things to fill a "void" in their life or anything like that. That's a whole different mess of a ballgame.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 08-12-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CTcbr929
$6 million?? Damn Kuro, thats alot of Washingtons.

Speaking of $, I have to get ready for work! Ttyl CBRF
$1 million to "gear up" (house, vehicles, ect). And the remaining $5 million could easily be stuffed into the most absolute basic savings account and generate an income of $100,000 per year. Without things like mortgage and car notes to chip away at take home, $100k per year can keep a man with simple wants & needs happy

Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM

I believe that a persons happiness has nothing to do with money... I know ppl who have more money then I can imagine and are legitimately happy, I know ppl with no money that are legitimately happy... and vice versa people w money who are very unhappy and broke ppl who are very unhappy... its all how you view the world around you.

I personally want to be "rich" enough so that my family wont have to worry about money...I grew up in a slightly below average income home (we wont poor but I remember over hearing many a conversation between my parents about how they were going to pay for this or that). One thing's for sure work wont come before family or friends and my kids will not be one of the spoiled brats that get everything they want.. I had to work so they will too...

Old 08-12-2011, 06:00 PM

I grew up in a lower income family and we were happy as hell. As an adult I am above average household income and happy as hell. Happiness is more of an outlook on life than a dollar sign.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

wait.... you think that being poor means unhappy and being rich means being happy? or vice versa?

the two have nothing to do with each other.

i'm low income, i'm happy, but do i want more money - hell yes.

the nice thing about money is not having to worry about money. anyone who has gotten into a fight with the wife/girl friend about money issues at the end of the month knows what i'm talking about. and god forbid those guys that have serious medical bills to deal with.... money, and wealth is a great thing.

but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with happiness.

and daniel tosh FTW

Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Money can buy happiness, but it can't buy meaningful relationships (friends, family, soulmate).

If that's what's missing, then no amount of money will bring you happiness.

Quick Reply: Sit back & think?