Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Sickness

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Sickness

Hey guy's It's been a while since I've posted anything over here, I still lurk quite a bit though I just thought I would post up my story or a brief introduction to it, I've been sick for 7 going on 8 months with some sort of auto-immune disease which they cant figure out what it is unfortunately. I've been a lab rat, have had chemo therapy (cytoxin) in order to break down my immune system to get the steroids to work that I've been taking that are supposed to stop the inflammation, currently my hands, fingers, wrists, jaw joints, knees's etc are all swollen so it's pretty painful to get around and being that we have a wonderful healthcare system in this country I'm not eligible for any disability and I haven't worked since I got sick. I managed to get on a basic health plan with Washington state which has helped a bit but between June-October I was self paying which has forced me into a huge debt.. 700 bucks for a single blood test . I'm on all sorts of crazy meds for the extreme pain as well, 100mg Fentanyl Patches, Hydromorphone, Oxycotin, then I'm on Valium, Ambien for sleep, blood thinners and last but not least hydroxyzine..Currently I'm seeing a rheumatologist I've been seeing the same one since October and they're no closer to figuring out what i have and how to treat it unfortunately, they like taking their time to do everything, they don't seem to realize money is a good thing to have when you have bills :-/ Anyways i thought i would share my story with you guys. If you want to read the complete story I setup a blog www.savedieter.com its about 4 or 5 pages long but it gives really good details of what I've gone through for the past few months and there are pictures that do a much better job than me trying to explain it. Sorry for the long post.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: The Sickness

So sorry to hear of your problems and hope you get better soon...

My hopes...

Jules x

Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Sickness

Go to France. Your health care will be free.