Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Should I sell my Corvette and buy a Chopper?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I sell my Corvette and buy a Chopper?

Burn it. On the back of a barge. Then dump it in the Atlantic. Like the garbage it is.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Banned

Thanks forthe input from everybody, we took the car out last night and it was fun. I forget how noisy, smelly, and just raw that thing is. It is aslo still fun just melting the rear tires at a stoplight, it reminds me of high school. Overall it is a lousy car to drive, but certain aspects of it are fun.

I saw a Ferrari 430 (maybe 360)in a parking lotand kinda stared at it for a minute and then made the decision that my Vette was shaped a whole lot better (although I'd trade with him in a second) than that car (it was a little '***-heavy' from the side).The Ferrari was very nice because of the workmanship, performance,and the known value, but sometimes when I roll my car out in the sun it really is amazing, the curves and the way the pearl in the paint comes to life, you look at it and can't decide where to stop, every angle is really amazing and organic, almost Italian Supercar(Miura, Mangusta, 250LM) in it's shape.

Maybe the main reasonI own it is to just look at it in the sun once in a while, I might as well keep it for a few more years and see what happens with the value. As long as I keep storage and operating costs down, at least I'll make some money on it. Thanks again for the input everyone.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:58 AM

I cant believe that is even a serious question... when you run out of room, you dont sell your toys, you simply need to find a different place to live with at least a three stall garage. Hell if all else fails rent a damn storage shed for one of the cars.

Problem solved

Old 12-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Banned

sell the vette to someone who appreciates it.
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...7310&da=-1

The NADA guide tells me the thing is worth $50K++, now I have to wonder, do I sell it, buy a chopper, go toCabo San Lucaswith a couple of Strippers and then I'll have a chopper, homemade ****, and great memories. This is getting to be a difficult decision.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:57 AM

+100000000 on the strippers......do you have to sell it to go to cabo with the strippers?

Old 12-29-2007, 12:37 PM

DONT SELL THE VETTE.. YOU WILL REGRET IT! SELL THE TLOR GET A STORAGE UNIT 900$ A YEAR.. DONT SELL THAT SICK CAR!! YOULL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LIKE IT!

Old 12-29-2007, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: telgren

I cant believe that is even a serious question... when you run out of room, you dont sell your toys, you simply need to find a different place to live with at least a three stall garage. Hell if all else fails rent a damn storage shed for one of the cars.

Problem solved
+1, if you have to think about it, dont get rid of it, get a bigger garage, so you can fit more toys

I have been drooling over the new chargers and new mustangs....but have to wait till my school loans are paid off[:'(] 2 more years...just 2 more years

Old 12-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned

get a bigger garage
Can't/won't. Right now I live in a 4 bedroom townhouse that is direct riverfront. To buy a house with this view in this town with a 3 car garagewould be $2 million. The taxes alone would be $40K a year. My taxes are $5K so I really can't afford to pay all that money simply to get a bigger garage. Then to sell this house to buy a non-waterfront house is kinda dopey because waterfront land always appreciates and when the housing market goes in the ****ter, waterfront holds it value. God is not making anymore waterfront land.

I could rent a garage which is an option at $1000/yr maybe higher, but then I wouldn't get to look at all my toys everyday. I just don't like the idea of storing it, I either want to see it or sell it. I guess I am just gonna keep it after all, maybe get a old sportster and leave it in my buddies garage, let him ride it whenever he wants and then I can swap it out with the F4i.

Thanks for the ideas, it is dumb to sell the car especially when it is still rising in value.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the 'Vette!

Old 12-29-2007, 04:54 PM

Keep the Vette +1... and i need to see more pics of it... Classic Vette!!! [sm=drooldude.gif][sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: Should I sell my Corvette and buy a Chopper?