Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Should I Sell My Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I Sell My Bike?

i think u should sell the bike to me. what year is it, how much damage u do, and where u at?

Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 PM

joesrods, You should go with your gut. I get the feelingYOU think you should sell the bike rather than take the chance of a really bad accident, that you may not walk away from. You can always buy another one when your ready. Don't let others make the decision for you, go with your gut feeling. No, I'm not your dad but I am a dad and that is what I would tell my kids. If it don't feel right don't do it. Good luck with your decision.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know where your folks are coming from, but you're 25 years old, you're an adult, and it's your decision.If you're feeling a little off or nervous, then don't ride. You need to be relaxed and focused when you ride, and that's hard to do if you're too spooked about your last crash. If you haven't ridden since October, and you're still not real anxious to get back on the bike, then maybe it's time to leave it behind.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: joesrods

slammed on the brakes three times. I may not have needed to brake as hard as I did, it was just like a reaction,

Sounds like you know what you did wrong. When you heal up go to a lonely back road and practise stoping. learn the threshold of your breaks and how to squeeze instead of "slam" I do this almost everytime I'm out riding, It really helps open your eyes to breaking distance to speed traveling. It also shaves ALOT of room of your breaking distance. I made my wife do this yesterday on her new Ducati and after 3 passes (it was getting dark) @ 50 mph she shaved 30 ft. of and really smothed out. Hope you heal up and stay in the sport man!

Old 04-12-2007, 03:37 PM

WELCOME TO MOTORCYCLING!! if you ride, you WILL WRECK!! if you are hesitant about getting back on the bike, DO NOT RIDE IT!!! being uneasy will severely increase your chances of a FATAL accident. there will always be another bike, if you dont feel comfortable jumping back on it, sell it, let the ghost go away then maybe get another one. it is totally up to you joesrods, you have to be mentally ready as well as physically ready to ride again.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:31 PM

Yeah thats the thing I dont feel spooked at all and I did get back on it and rode around. I was never scared of fallingeven whenI was younger and did some mountain biking and bmw stuff.Its just that I have this thought that one day something could happen where no matter how great I get at riding, some ******* will make a mistake and smash into me. I prolly will sell it for now because of my parents. Later in my life I guess I will get one. Thanks for all your support and posts guys! To answer dizzie's question, the bike only has minor scratches and the exhaust was wrecked which I already replaced.I live in central NJ, and bought the bike for 5,500, and would like 5,000 with 2 helmets and my jacket. Its only got like 6,000 miles on it and its in great shape outside of a couple scratches here and there. I am gonna put it up on ebay in a couple weeks.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident/situation, BUT, you're 25! Yeah, when you're 25, however old, you should always respect your parents, BUT, you ARE 25, I'm sure that you can make your own wise decisions in the best interest of yourself.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:45 AM

I remember when.........................OK here goes, i am a dyed in the wool biking NUT, have been riding all my life and the only time i was without a bike was following a major off where not only the bike was totalled, but i nearly was too. It is natural to have some doubts after an off, the more it knocks your belief in your ability or reaffirms the stupidy of others and vunerablity of bikers, the longer it lasts. Remember though that if you continue to ride bikes, this is unlikely to be the last off, you willsuffer.