Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shots fired!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shots fired!!

On the news a week or so ago they had a special on americas most dangerous citys. I was shocked to find my city Grand Rapids, Michigan in the top 10 (top 5 i thought but I'll say 10 to be safe). We have shootings and murder like clockwork, mostly gangs or robberies. I never think of stuff like that would effect me, or I would ever be close to it, Ya know what I mean?

I went for a cruise to a buddies house, upon arrival I noticed sirens going all around me. Well he was not home so I jumped back on ignoring the sirens and headed back. about 1 mile away (same route I came on) I found myself stuck in traffic cursing at all the stupid cagers and wondering why lane splitting is not legal here. I went for about a 1/4 mile at 1mph and came to a police road block. I seen no accidents anywhere which is what I was expecting. This was a 4 lane road with a center grass divider they had shut right down. As I was detoured I noticed 3 different county's officers, must have been 50 po po's all posted outside this church. Groups of cops were gathered outside the church as well as 4 t.v cameras. I knew something happened. Mind you I had just passed this spot 5 min earlier with no police anywhere so I knew whatever happened happened right as I was passing. I cruised the block trying to see what was up, thought it was a standoff, I never seen so many po po's. So, I cruised home to catch the news and see what the skinny was. Apparently a cop stopped a suspected drunk(2p.m) and he pulled into the church. As the cop approached the man pulled a gun and shot the cop in the shoulder!! The cop returned 6 shots, 1 to the dome. F-ing nuts!! If I wouldnt have had a helmet on I prolly would have heard the shots as I passed earlier, impeccable timing.

Just thought I would share this with y'alls and say you never know what the psycho in the cage next to you is packing. Just not safe anymore.scary.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:05 AM
Default RE: Shots fired!!

i hear u man .. i ived in nebraska most of the time .. and then i moved to new jersety about 3 years ago.. so where i live in new jersey ..is not that all bad .. the cops is all over the place so there is no chance for any thing to happen ( jersey city) but very close to jersey city is a place called newark im sure most of u heard of it .. 3 of my friends lives there in the same appartment building .... he kept tel;ling me . that every day he can hear the shots fired all over .. and siern is very common there most of the time.... but about 5 monthes ago .. one of them works in a deli store. ... black guy came up to him .. in the cashier window . didnt even ask him for any thing no money no nothing .. and he shot 5 times 2 in was in the shoulder 1 in the lungs and i think the other 2 went in the stomache very close to his kidney .. it was very very sad , when i went to the hospital the guy doesnt even know who im .. neither can he talk .....

well 2 months after that .. the other guys in the appartment . they were sitting in the living room doing what ever one of them sitting close to a window . and they heard some fired shots the moved away just after he moved one shot went passing thru the window...
what a mess.....i think u cant be safe any where ..

Old 11-25-2006, 10:29 AM

you guys outta try living in these suburbs of D.C. Thats where all the crazy people are lol.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: FastCRX

you guys outta try living in these suburbs of D.C. Thats where all the crazy people are lol.
I lived there for three years myself... I tell ya what, I dont feel uncomfortable in many sitations but somehow I ended up in SE DC one morning on my way to Baltimore-Washington Airport. Well needless to say I didnt stop and ask anyone for directions.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:38 PM

Try Miami or West Palm Beach Florida?

Old 11-25-2006, 01:30 PM

Memphis had its 150th murder of the year this weekend...4 people were murdered on thanksgiving alone, one was a hot teacher i used to work with and she lived in a $300,000 house in the burbs(cordova,good part of town) btw, it happened in her living room...this is why i ran for the border to southaven, ms(10 min south of memphis)...no murders yet this year! this is no joke, you can go down any number of streets in this town and see whatever you want, it s better than watching cops...

Old 11-25-2006, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: FastCRX

yeah man, I live about an hour south of DC and things get pretty crazy there at night. I am going to school right now in Richmond and things don't seem to be much better down here. I always have people roaming in the back alley of my place and we had a shooting in front of our house a litle bit ago....also had the bomb squad called to check out this bag that was on the corner.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:46 PM

I read about this list that was recently published.

Number 3 or right around there, well I live minutes away lol.

South Central Los Angeles > All.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:48 PM

new orleans was not a walk in the park-either,well depending what part of the city you lived!!
always heard gunshots from the next street over!!i was always worried about what i would come
home to!!!-if i was to get a bike-i may as well stamp on the frame stolen from...outsider8!!!.
from what i hear it is now getting worse-as east orleans residents are now moving into
metairie

also-bushmasterar15,almost all of my family lives about 20 minutes south of grand rapids
-one hell of a post!!!makes you think

o8

Old 11-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.welcome2durham.com

highest crime rate per capita in the country mane. i made it out alive [8D]

Quick Reply: Shots fired!!