Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shooting Today in Orlando

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shooting Today in Orlando

I'm sorry to say that this is very relevant to a couple of threads from the last couple of days.

Some guy went into the old Traveler's building with an assault rifle a couple of hours ago in downtown Orlando and started shooting people. For now they're saying there's been 8 people shot, 4 in critical condition. SWAT is sweeping floor-by-floor atm looking for other victims and the shooters. This place is about 2 blocks from my office building. ****ing crazy people with no regard for others. Makes me so angry.

They're reporting that the suspect is Jason Rodriguez and there is a possibility he was able to flee the scene driving a silver Xterra. Any of you guys that may be in/around Orlando be safe and on the lookout until there's some kind of resolution.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is always a tragedy when the cheese slips off someones cracker and they go off like that. Keep your head down.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've got the elevator to our floor locked up tight so no one's getting in or out here til we have some word on a resolution, but there's reported to be more victims in the building and TBH the LEOs don't seem to have a clue where this guy is. Very sad.

As Hank Jr. put it, "I'd love to spit some beech nut in that dude's eyes, and shoot him with my old .45."

Old 11-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Give us an update when you hear anything - we have quite a few members in the area..........

Old 11-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay low, stay safe.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live close to Orlando.The guy was laid off and couldn't afford to live.He filed for bankruptcy and unemployment.Well he was denied unemployment because his ex employer won the case and now the guy pretty much had nothing to live for.What alot of people don't see is big goverment has pretty much made it where employee's have no rights and companies can screw the average working man anyway they want.Exxpect to see more of this since our economy is getting worse.I don't condone what he did,but people get desperate when they have nothing in life left.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:18 AM

Let's not have this degenerate into a "firearm" debate................
So far it's been a good discussion..........

And Yer, Frootloops and Cornflake people are the real danger..............
and the criminals with no respect for the rule of law.
I'd like to see every police Officer carrying a mac10 - like the Carabinieri in Italy,
and have the right to use it in the right circumstances........
Here in SA the Cops can't even shoot until they've been shot at..............
We lose a lot of good Cops every year................

Last edited by Shadow; 11-07-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy Cow ......SA LE have to wait for an incoming round before they have the right to
return fire ..........now that's about the most moronic damned thing I ever heard.
Odds are greater than 75% of the time the Officer is going to take a hit......that's crazy.

Over here you better take your hands out of your clothing .......nice and slow and
steady and reaching for the sky in the process............there are no compromises.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:28 AM

I was in a car in New York, years ago, and made a lane change without signalling - was pulled over...Here in SA, you exit your vehicle and go back and talk to the Cops - so I did........GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZ !!! Next thing they were behind the doors of their cruiser, and I had two weapons trained on me...........nearly wet my pants........fortunately they had the restraint to realise I wasn't a local, but only once I had "assumed the position" - when I opened my mouth they realised I was a tourist
and were very helpful but were quite specific about remaining IN MY VEHICLE.
There are two schools of thought on this - if you stay in the vehicle the Cop is exposed all the way up to your window - I think our system is actually safer................

Quick Reply: Shooting Today in Orlando