Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shining Moments In Awesomeness

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here, CBR6.

I was in a rush as I had an appointment, and ran in to grab something from CVS. Pulled up to park, shut it off, and jumped off. Of course, as I'm swinging my right leg over the bike, I realize that the bike doesn't usually lean over this far. About the time I got my right leg the whole way over it hits me that I just jumped off, forgot the kickstand, am leaning a good way out already from swinging my leg........and the bike is on it's way down - quick.

I triple check the kickstand now. That was pretty harmful to my ego.

I fooled with the kickstand and pretended to look shocked by what happened, hoping any bystanders wouldn't have seen the initial part and just thought the kickstand had a random failure......lol.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I even started reading I took a minute to remeber my shoelace story lol. I got mine caught and went down at a 4 way and the bike was on me and for a minute I couldn't get it off me. no one saw me.

The best one. I had bought a wrecked F3 my first cbr. I put new forks, radiator, rotors, clipons and other things to get it going. It took a while as I had to save for each part. Finally got it done. My mom and dad knew I had a sportbike but they didn't know what it was (i didn't dear get one when I lived at home). So I decided one day after riding it I was going to my parents house. It's spring in MI and everything is wet.

I pull in the drive and my dad is outside. I come down the drive and pull into the island of grass, grab the front brake and the front goes out from under me and I go down. My dad walks over to me and says "glad to see you can handle that thing well, you probably won't get hurt on it" and walks into the house. Best day ever

Old 03-09-2009, 03:07 PM

^^Haha I hate when I make it seem like the rents were right and I was wrong

Old 03-09-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by WoodyRR
Well, this one was great cuz I was so young (1st grade?). Long but worth it, trust me:

My parents had friends over at our house one day. My brother (John) 1 1/2 years older, a friend (Craig, who is my Godparents' son) and I always played games using our imaginations when we were kids and hung out. For instance, we'd bang on the pipes of the water heater in each other's basement with screwdrivers and pretend we were plumbers for hours!!!

Anyway, this time we were all in the seclusion of my parent's basement pretending to be mafia members. My younger sister had this roll-away kitchen thing made of plastic. This served as our "front desk." So Craig came up with an idea:my brother would be the guy working in the office, Craig would be waiting at the "front desk" and I'd be watching the "front door" (which was just the opening of the basement once you reached the bottom of the stairs). So then the plan was that a rival gang was coming in to start trouble and he'd let us know of when the "attack" was going to happen.

This is where it happens:

So, Craig says "action" more or less. I pretend to let the "rival gang" into the office. He then just SCREAMS the highest-pitched little girl scream I've heard to this day. I immediately lost it and started laughing!!!!! I was laughing HARD! Sooo hard I pooed my pants!! Instantly I ran to the bathroom in the basement while simultaneously laughing!! It felt like more poo was coming out with each laugh!! Oh my god. When I closed the bathroom door the seriousness of the matter sunk in.

So, I'm standing there in front of the toilet with my pants down thinkin on how the hell I'm going to make it up to the main level (where all the parent are!!) and then up the next flight of stairs to my bedroom to change out of these soiled spider-man tighty-whities without ANY suspicion!! I couldn't walk normal...I was grossed out. I couldn't walk by another person...I stunk like poo! I was stuck! "But wait," I thought to myself as a genius plan came to mind, "I'll flush the underwear down the toilet!!" So I proceeded to flush said underwear. Problem solved, right? NO!

So the toilet gets friggin clogged. I kinda freaked out a little bit at this point because there was no plunger in this bathroom!! So my next plan was to run upstairs to the main level bathroom, grab that plunger and make it back down without nobody noticing!! I didn't hear John or Craig outside so I thought I was alone in the basement. I opened the door and both were right there giving me a weird look. Then they smelled the smell and my brother must have saw terror in my face cuz he looked in the bathroom at the calamity in the toilet and said "What'd you do??!!? I'm going to get Dad!!" Well, then I knew it was all over. My dad came down with the plunger and in front of several witnesses pulled out my once white spidy underwear and asked me "What is wrong with you?"

The greatest thing is how embarrassing it was at the time and how hard I laugh now thinking of how much of a dumbass I was and got myself into that situation!!!! Couldn't have gone much worse...

NEXT!!
omg... hahaha
im so glad i didnt read this in a library or something
i was laughing so hard my eyes are watering, haha
that is the funniest story i think ive ever read...

i havent had anything real bad on the bike
the occasional killing it at a light or somethin
although, the day we bought my bike... we got home as it was getting dark out
we didnt ahve a ramp to get it out of the back of the truck, so we went to the park down the road where a big hill was to roll it out of the truck, up the hill, then back down
we get it out and of course i want to ride it the probably 1/2 mile home

this was in january, there was alittle snow and little ice on the edges of the road
i get onto my road and to the drive way.. theres a strip of ice in front of the drive way, and i didnt swing out to be comin into the drive way perpindicularly...
i keep hitting my brakes but the bike is like lunging forward whenever i get close to stopping, this causes me to slip on the ice a litt,e but i get over it and to the beginning of teh drive way
the bike lunges again (all while im squeezing my brakes) and shoots me off the side of the drive way adn into the neighbors yards and i just fall over to the left (going like 5 mph)

turns out i wasnt holding the clutch in wheni was tryin to stop, haha
i know the neighbors had to notice my bouncing headlights flashin the front window and my parents were right behind me in the truck...
that was embarassing im just glad there wasnt many ppl there

Last edited by G3NESYS; 03-09-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:53 AM

Me and a few guys were out riding and we stopped off for gas and a **** break. I got gas first and moved my bike off to the side of the lot where there was gravel. I am sitting there waiting on everyone else with my helmet and other gear off. One of the guys motions behind me about some hot girls. I turn around and am looking and my foot slips in the gravel. at this point i am now wrestling my 100,000 pound bike from falling over on top of me. the other guys are all at there bikes laughing at me instead of helping me, which in turn makes everyone in that lot and gas station watch me as i wrestled my bike and tried getting my footing. in the end, the bike never fell over i was able to keep it off the ground somehow and this one guy not sure who he was cheered for me. felt good about not dropping it but felt like a clown for wrestling with it for what seemed like ten minutes. Oh and the girls were not impressed.

another.

I was pushing my bike backwards out of the garage. as I made my way into the driveway i didnt notice my little step brothers baseball bat laying there. I eneded up trying to back over it. the bike fell to the right side. i was able to kind of carry it to the ground so it didnt slam just kind gingerly fell. now i am pissed. I didnt think to move the bat instead i wanted to lift the bike up before someone saw it laying there. grabbed the bike was lifting it and what do you know i stepped on the bat lost my footing and this time SLAM onto the left side! now i was really upset picked the bat up threw it in the yard, and this time was successfull on lifting it. no one saw i was just more embarrased about my stupidity.

almost had the shoe lace one happen but to counter act my right foot not being able to touch the ground, I just put my left foot down.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
March 2009 ROTM

Ok i'll add my story

The very first time I sat on two wheels was when my cousin brought home his brand new yzf 150 or something like that, anyways it was a yamaha 150 dirtbike and he said I could ride it if I wanted to. So I'm sitting on it for like 10 mins without starting it and now he is like are you scared of it and his friends are like you cant do this. Now mind you that I was 16 and he and his friends are 12 so I'm thinking that I have to do this or look like a pansy to these pre-teens. So the bike gets started and I go to take off and I have it at about 5000RPMs to many and I dump the clutch. Whoooosh the bike bucks me off and ghost rides a wheelie abot 30 feet before his nice new dirtbike hits a tree and bends the forks and front rim.

Lets just say his parents were not impressed at my finesse and his friends had a great laugh at me for awhile as well.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 PM

Haha, all these stories are making me paranoid about my shoe laces getting tangled or slipping on gravel infront a bunch of people.

Ive got one, about two months after I bought the f4i:

Its was one of those unusually warm days in mid Jan. and I just had to take the new CBR up and down the street a few times. Mind you, there is still small bits of ice and snow on the edges of the street, the snow was still melting. Well I come down past the house for the third or fourth time and Im feeling great, so I decided to kick it up a bit, and came way too fast on the next pass. I realized my speed early on enough to slow the bike down, but at this point Im at the end of the street and need to turn around to go back down the street. I stopped kinda fast from about 5mph with the front wheel at full steering lock, and if you've ever done this before, you know what it feels like. The bike was already falling over and I didn't have time to get my foot down to save it, only to sloften the blow somewhat. The damage was a smashed mirror, and a little rash on the fairings. My pride was hurt most of all.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 PM
June 2011 ROTM

All the bike stuff sounds like something I would do. Im going to be so paranoid when I get out and ride.

Todd your dad is awesome. Thats the best thing he could of said in that situation. lmao

Old 03-11-2009, 04:52 PM

Embarrassing bikes moments are great when you're with other riders! I have a friend who gets the biggest laugh at others' misfortunes...i.e. When you kill your bike at a light he'll sit up and point and laugh hilariously at you. It's kind of funny...

And yes, to all....TUCK YOUR LACES! Or better yet, get some riding boots. Look ma, no laces!

Quick Reply: Shining Moments In Awesomeness