Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Shield

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007 | 03:04 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: The Shield

yea rrasco you really need to catch up. the 4th season was pretty good. i missed season 5 without even knowing it. lol but if you can watch it from episode 1 untill now u wont be dissapointed !

Old 02-01-2007 | 03:47 PM
Banned

The Shield is, hands down, the best drama on television. Forget cop shows, forget everything else...

The Shield is it. I've watched it from season 1 and I have all the seasons on DVD.

The finale to season 5 killed me, my girlfriend and my cousin. We were blown away! When is the last time any show on network television pushed the envelope so hard?!?! Show is badass, the characters are top notch and the acting is on it. The extra footage on the DVD's is worth the price of the seasons alone. Killer show...

That being said, there are a couple of previews out now - and they rock. Vic looks intense, Shane looks scared and they're bringing in a new guy to possibly replace Vic as the Strike Team Commander...

Gonna be badass! And they have already signed a season 7. I thought the show should have ended with the finale in season 5 - looks like they may be telling the "whole" story of the RAMPART Division in L.A. If you are a fan and didn't know it- The Shield is based on the L.A.P.D. RAMPAT Division. The story is obviously been fictionalized and sensationalized, but what the real cops did are in a different league. Think of the Strike Team as a bunch of bad guys capable of doing the same stuff andmuch worse and that's what the RAMPART Divison was... crazy stuff (Google it).

Forfans who haven't seen the previews...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q9kgXQuFfM

Old 02-01-2007 | 03:59 PM
|

Jaghunter
Im like a crack addict waiting for it to come back on.
I happy I'm not the only one that feels that way.
Miami Vice and N.Y. Undercover were probably my favorite cop shows of all time but now I feel like Dave Chapelle waiting for my fix. "Joe Rogan I smoke rocks"
RRASCO you need to catch up before you watch this season cause someones cool's dead.

Old 02-01-2007 | 04:44 PM

i would love to but without all of them on dvd i cant. only to the last season that was released.

Old 02-11-2007 | 01:21 AM
Retired Moderator

Upon your guys suggestion, I rented the first season (Netflix), and I just finished the first episode (the pilot). All I have to say is HOLY $HIT!!! This show is a pile driver...DAMN! I can't say enough good stuff. I know I have seen only the first episode, but I love the fact that the hero would be a "bad cop".

Old 02-11-2007 | 01:31 AM

Addicting isnt it!!!

Old 02-12-2007 | 10:12 PM

This has been MY FAVORITE SHOW for quite some time now. I have ALL the seasons on DVD except for season 5 with Forrest Witiker. I can't watch any of his movies now without seeing him as his character from the show.

I was just thinking a few months back how it was a crappy way for them to end this show. I know several people who love this show just as much as i do.

Just curious if anyone else went and bought a cap gun to carry around their house acting like Vic or one of his partners? If you didn't- YOU SHOULD! It's super fun and really gets you into the episode (you feel like you're there).

Old 02-12-2007 | 10:37 PM
Retired Moderator

That's a good idea...I am going to carrymy babyaround from now on:

Name:  SW642.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  40.5 KB

Old 02-12-2007 | 10:45 PM

I've got a pretty hefty aresenal, But i think my wife would draw the line there. Last time she flipped out at me sitting in front of the tube in my skivies and a stetson hat, holding my winchester 94 watching episodes of Rawhide.

Hey Voodoo, you gonna post up some pics of a range day with your new heater?? What holster works best for you when riding?

Old 02-12-2007 | 11:16 PM
Retired Moderator

Yeah, I'll keep the targets from my next trip to the range and get them posted. I am shooting from about 20 yards, 10 yards, and7 yards, and trying to practice my rapid fire accuracy. My concealed class got canceled, so the instructor is going to call me when he gets another class going. Here is the holster I got, though I can't legally use it. It's an inside the pants holster, but I think I will get something else for the bike. Maybe a shoulder holster, or just put it in a tank bag.The firearm is obviouslysmall enought to fit in my pocket, but I would hate to take a spill and land on it.

Name:  GunandHolsterresize.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  30.5 KB

...back to the topic. I finished the first four episodes and I am hooked for sure. Isn't Glenn Close on the series at some point?

Quick Reply: The Shield