Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

She is Here And I can't Sleep !

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: She is Here And I can't Sleep !

ORIGINAL: QuickNDeadly

I would take her inside if I was on the first floor.

This week I definitely be investing into one of those alarm systems. I saw demonstrations of SCORPIO alarm system and I want something like that. If i can't find anything cheaper does the same job, I won't mind spending 350 on a alarm system for this baby. I don't even want anyone to come any closer to her. I am looking around to find the best deal. And yes I still need a cover before it rains which I think I can buy from a local honda store. Do you people have any recommendations?
its absolutely normal for you to be excited about your new bike. an alarm would be a great investment since you leave ur bike outside in an apartment complex. There's also an alarm system called Internatrix alarm that works exactly like Scorpion but only costs $150. and its easy to install yourself or with a knowledgable friend. the bike covers you can probably get or order from a bike shop/dealer and also online.

btw since you live in an apartment, I highly recommend chaining your bike somewhere. I know 2 buddies who got their bikes stolen in a gated apartment complex! all those bastard thieves haveto do is throw your bike in a pickup and its gone. i hope you have full insurance as well.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 AM

Yep I did the exact same thing with my '07 CBR600rr. I couldn't sleep for the first week. The only time I got sleep is when I realized I needed sleep to ride her. With a full class load in college and a vehicle,I still managed to put 1,981 miles on it in the first month. I used to leave it on the street at night but I really was worried about her so I bought her her own place down the road 2 miles (storage unit). I just use those two miles to warm up my tires before I do some serious riding everyday[8D]. Goodluck with her!! Have fun and Ride Safe!

Old 09-18-2007, 03:30 AM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

Yeah I feel the same. If my motorcycle had a hole in it I wouldnt need a a g/f.
The exhaust? Carefull it gets quite hot

Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 AM

ORIGINAL: madmike01uk

ORIGINAL: demonchild

Yeah I feel the same. If my motorcycle had a hole in it I wouldnt need a a g/f.

The exhaust? Carefull it gets quite hot
that's quite gross! [:'(] get a blow up doll or buy a warm apple pie...

Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1st bike, could not sleep the night before I picked it up, ran the 2 or 3 miles to the dealers, got there an hour before he opened, rode it home. (Had been on a bike once before for 10 minutes & I fell off that).
And to be honest, I get the same excited rush with every new bike I have ever had. People that are not into bikes just don't get it. The most memorable ride home from the dealers, was when I picked up my Kawasaki Z650, my 1st Multi. I traded in my Yammie twin for it. Trundled it out, oh so carefully from the shop, & coasted it slowly onto the main street, up to the 1st set of stop lights. Lights turned green & I just gave it the berries, Half an hour before, I was just some guy on bike, but now I was a god, no bull****, I had tears in my eyes. I clocked up the 1000 kay run in period that week-end.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: QuickNDeadly

Finally, I got my motorcycle. Its a 2005 CBR 600 F4i. This is the very first night she is sitting outside of my apartment and I am sitting on my bed watching her out the window and can not sleep! Does this happen to everyone the very first day? I am deeply in love with her and i didn't know where to express those feelings so I ended up here writing them down. I go by the window and look at her at least 20 times an hour may be more. This is what I call love at first sight!

Did you feel the same way the first day you got your bike? What were your experiences?
i dont get that feeling...but i cant sleep at nites..always thinking hitting up the twisties and try to get faster and faster... try to drag knees...but damn i still CANT drag knees

Old 09-18-2007, 08:25 AM

I kinda know how you feel, but at least I have a tarp to cover mine with. There are quite a few people with bikes in my complex, but I always see them still parked in the morning while mine gets ridden every day as long as it isn't snowing and it shares the same space with my car. Also,almosteveryone elserides cruisers and just have theirs covered. It's a pretty rural areaand crime is low, but I'm paranoid about it regardless, but my dumbass roommate doesn't want to understand people want to steal an ultra-high performance sportbike more than they want to steal a Harley.
ORIGINAL: 05RR
There was a topic on here awhile back about who brings their bike inside, which to my suprise, ALOT of people did/do. If you're on the bottom floor, pull her inside!
I was thinking about doing that, do you get any petrol fumes? bedroom, dining room, or living room?

Old 09-18-2007, 08:41 AM

One time me and my freind broke off part of his bmx ramp so that we could roll his cbr into his kitchen that was up a bunch of steps. It was sketchy because it broke in the middle so we put bricks and junk under it.

And yea I felt the same way when I first got my F3. But now its 6 months later and I can't wait to get a bigger bike. My F3 is still fun and all, but theres no good twisties at all around where I live and I don't do any stuntin' whatsoever, and I am a pretty big guy. I'm not one of those tools that needs a 1k to feel like a real man. I just need something bigger so I can actually get my feet back on the pegs when drag racing and not get cramps when I'm going to school and work.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i had the same feeling when i got mine my wife is actually jealous of my bike cuz when im not riding im washing or doing something with it

Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

I put 300 on my 06 within the first 2 hrs.....ride it...
you were going 150mph for two hours straight?

Quick Reply: She is Here And I can't Sleep !