Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

sharing another passion

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sharing another passion

Hey just curious if anyoen else on here homebrews like I do, I mean besides always riding does anyoen else homebrew. just curious thats all. heres a pic for everyone else wonders what im talking about. Gots me a nice Apfelwein/dry cider type beer/wine. I have more just broke as hell right now and cant afford more ingredients since wifey lost her job (GD economy)

Name:  100_1373.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  23.2 KB Name:  100_1374.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  22.3 KB

Old 10-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Default RE: sharing another passion

I REALLY want to get into it. Always talked about doing it with my roommates in college, then we found out it was a felony to produce alcohol on a private college campus or something like that so we decided against it.

do you have any recommended websites or places that can help me get started?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

I REALLY want to get into it. Always talked about doing it with my roommates in college, then we found out it was a felony to produce alcohol on a private college campus or something like that so we decided against it.

do you have any recommended websites or places that can help me get started?
midwest supplies is a great website to get your stuff but the best website for info and anythgin you need to know is www.homebrewtalk.com . I love that website and people are nice and always help out with anythign ya need. Check craigslist i got my startign setup for like 35 bucks and now its just getting more and more and more, seriously once you start there no turnign back.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:30 PM

Looks like **** water

Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Looks like **** water
lol ya it will for about 4 weeks and the GD elephant farts it has for a couple days is crazy, but damn good cider thats 8.5-9.0 alcohol level is great.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Retired Moderator

I would love to start to homebrewing. My dad used to brew. I have a microbrew pallet with a Hamms budget, so I drink crap beer unless I go out. When my step daughter leaves (she is a senior in highschool), after fumigating and deoderizing, I'll have the ideal place to grow my own beer! [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 10-24-2008, 06:58 PM

I used to do hard cider, I want to get into brewing beer.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I would love to start to homebrewing. My dad used to brew. I have a microbrew pallet with a Hamms budget, so I drink crap beer unless I go out. When my step daughter leaves (she is a senior in highschool), after fumigating and deoderizing, I'll have the ideal place to grow my own beer! [sm=alcoholic.gif]
lol my wife hates it so much but shes lettign me build a 5 tap keezer(converted freezer) but she said it has to look nice and elegant. I had to take over my spare closest to do this and thats still not done. ahhhhhhhh soon as she gets a new job ima go crazy and build my keezer ill post pics of it when I get around to start on it

Old 10-24-2008, 07:01 PM

this is what ima build, very similar just 5 taps, 4 beers and 1 soda (for the wifey). Jester on that site I was talking about made thsi from scratch, this is just a thing of beauty and def a party favor

Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 PM

I dont home brew I've looked into kits on ebay and stuff.. but my best friends dad brews and we always go and buy a bunch of it (he usually just gives us a bunch) and man.... I dont know what the hell he puts it in, but its the best beer I every drank. and its like 9-10% alcohol vol. GREAT stuff. He calls one like HC and one HB whatever that means.

Quick Reply: sharing another passion