Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shake your gear!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shake your gear!

So, earlier tonight I was in the garage. I had just washed the bike and was checking all the stuff, cleaning the chain/lubing changed the oil etc. I look on the wall and I find a Black Widow right next to my jacket making his way toward the arm. I had washed my textile jacket and let it hang there to dry for the day. Am I glad I found that. If he would've gone into my jacket without me knowing and made a temporary home, I would've wrecked the bike for sure, not necessarily from being bit, but from screaming like a little girl and panic if I see that crawling around on me. Now I'll be thinking about that for the next week or so.
Time to fog the garage tomorrow!

Old 09-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Default RE: Shake your gear!

I snapped a pic too, after I hastily moved my jacket out of the way. It had 2 small red dots on the back of it's abdomen, and the famous hour glass on the underside. It was quick to get it with the fly swatter.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4409/5BA10298EC964837B16CA003F49BEBFF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-25-2006, 06:14 AM

[sm=insomnia.gif]

bloody hell. I'm not afraid of spiders in the least, but then again I don't have to deal with ones which can potentially kill you.

Reminds me of the time a wasp managed to somehow get into my helmet through one of the vents at 90+ mph. I have a phobia of wasps, so naturally I didn't panic and bang at my helmet whilst nearly crashing. oh no.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:20 PM

Did you notice your post count at 666 and the 666th post being about a black widow that could kill you? Strange

Old 09-25-2006, 04:06 PM

Where do you live? And keep your crap in the house where those creepy creatures aren't supposed to be! I HATE spiders with a passion I'm so afraid of them if I see a semi big one I will get the vaccum and throw all 3 extensions on it and suck it up then let it run for 2 minutes. haha

Mike

Old 09-25-2006, 06:43 PM

You're one lucky SOB for finding that thing when you did!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:22 PM

wow man that was a close one. i would crash if a big *** spider or bee was on me for sure. stupid angry insects

Old 09-25-2006, 07:29 PM

Yeah man, I'm adding this post so it's not on 666 anymore lol
I'm in the St. Louis area in the suburbs. This is only the 2nd one of these I've ever seen and of course it goes for my jacket.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:51 PM

Wow that is nuts. You are a lucky man that thing didn't end up in your gear. I FREAK when I see big spiders as well. Those things are just freaky...

Old 09-26-2006, 04:52 PM

I think the worst part about spiders is the LONG needle like legs, and to top it off, that sac/ball-like abdomen full of poison that if it bites you the poison slowly coarses through your viens, killing the surrounding flesh and exploding the blood vessles until you find the antidote. But beware! Much more deadly than this is the Brown Recluse. This spider will kill you in a matter of minutes if I'm not mistaken, and it's about the size of a dime. Spray your house with indoor insecticides every 3 months, there are some animal/child safe sprays out there that will put your mind at ease, so you won't wake up on your nice white pillow with 2 needle-like legs on your eyelashes. Final note, spiderwebs are made by spiders, so if there is a spiderweb you can usually tell the deadliness of the spider by how thick the strands of it's web are. Black widows thread are like sewing thread and brown recluse webs are tangled and thick as well. Sweet dreams!

Quick Reply: Shake your gear!