Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Seriously! WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seriously! WTF?

So I gotta ticket back in July last year for unsafe speed in Georgetown, TX. I’m stationed in Shreveport, LA. So I called the court and did everything I had to which included taking the MSC. I gave my wife the stuff to send in since I was working nights at the time and she sent it to our address!(if you’re asking yourself is she blonde? You are correct). Well this resulted in it being late so I called the court and explained to them my situation and said I could prove it. They told me I could mail them everything I had to prove it with a letter explaining why it was late. So I sent everything in along with all court costs and papers showing I had sent it on time it was just an address error. Well in Nov I called to make sure everything was okay and they said I was good to go!

Well just yesterday I went to get my mail and got a notice for a "SHOW CAUSE" to the Georgetown court for failure to prove why it was late 2 months later?!. No now offense to the Judge or whoever may have read it but they must be pretty dumb not to have gotten it. I explained it very well with numbers that lead to the document I was referencing. (EX As you can see on document #1 I did send the letter the first time on so and so day and it was returned to me a week later after it was late.)

Well since I’m in the military this isn’t looking good on me and I’ve gotta wait till Monday to give em a call and hopefully won’t have to make a trip down there to show them I really did everything I was supposed to do. Sorry for the little rant but had to get it off my chest since all my supervisor is doing is saying GD it man you gotta take care of your **** and now I gotta redo the schedule blah blah blah.

Lol anyways lessons I learned are

1. DON’T SPEED
2. DON’T LET YOUR WIFE WRITE THE ADDRESSES haha

Anyone else have a horror ticket story?

Old 01-31-2010, 05:36 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad luck mate. That sounds like a most unnecessary nightmare. There's got to be a good blonde joke in there somewhere...
Every ticket I've ever had has been a bitch whether the paperwork exchange has been straight forward or not. Stuff going missing in the post or getting lost by departments.... Sh*t happens!
One thing I've learnt though, if you get a ticket for speeding generated by a speed camera..... when the initial letter comes through the door, bin it immediately. The first thing required is to confirm the ID of the driver. This is your first and only line of defence. I've done this twice and got away with it thank ****. I guess it's just down to lack of resources that they didn't follow up.
Anyway my lisence is clean now and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.
Hope you get this sorted soon. We all need to get things of our chests, what better place to do it!

Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Out here, if you don't pay your fines, they wait until it's time to license your vehicle, and then make you pay all outstandings before you are allowed to get your new disc.
Cheap and effective....................
Bad luck you had, and then a blonde moment made it all much worse.
Hope it all goes away for ya

Old 01-31-2010, 06:28 AM

Man that sux hope you get it all taken care of. See you in shreveport, im getting me another bike sometime this week maybe i'll cya around in the future on the streets.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I was just in Kinder LA gambling yesterday

Old 02-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a narrowly avoided ticket horror story. And it involves my girlfriend My gf is from Cape Cod, MA. She moved in with me last year. Well her car still had MA plates and she had a MA license. Emphasis on the "had" because while checking her documents last month, I discover her MA driver license expired on her bday... Back in Oct . She never thought to check.

No bigs, we hit PennDOT and get her licensed in PA. Figuring its a good time, we go to transfer her plates. Well to transfer plates, she needs PA license (check!) and PA insurance. Guy askes her for her insurance ID card and she gives this blank look. So he askes her for the proof of insurance that should be in the car... Blank look. She never knew you needed proof of insurance in the vehicle. And I've been driving her car during the winter months since it'd cost her too much to park while at work. Oh yeah, in Philly no proof of insurance is an instant tow.

But it gets better. The title place wanted her insurance because if they were a national carrier, she wouldn't need new insurance. So we go home and she gets her insurance policy out of the filing cabinet. We go back to the title company, she hands the guy the policy... And he gives her a blank look. he then excludes her and deals directly with me from then on. Why?

Guy: uh, sir... Have you looked at this policy?
Me: Uh, no... It's not my car. I'm just the boyfriend.
Guy: Um.... Take a look and tell me what's wrong here.
Me: HOLY ****! This thing expired in 2005!!!!

Her car has a lien so she must carry full insurance. So she insurance. She's been paying the policy every year since 2004. But whatever fly-by-night insurance company she had never sent an update policy. They never sent ID cards. And she never thought to ask

I've been stopped twice by the police in the last 3 months. Luckily they pulled me over for bullchit (doing 35 mph in a 35 mph zone, driving without lights on at 5:30 pm). So they never asked for documentation. My girlfriend is utterly amazing. She can tell you exactly how much money she spent 487 days ago (she keeps a handwritten ledger). But keep track of important chit?