CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Seriously what is with chicks & handbags? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/seriously-what-chicks-handbags-132388/)

vegas_rebel 11-17-2011 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by daniels (Post 1113875)
I feel like a huge nerd for knowing what your talking about lmao

LOL.

*nerdery fist bump*

chainstretcher 11-17-2011 05:46 PM

D&D -- not just a brand of exhaust ...

Kuroshio 11-17-2011 07:28 PM

Lol you don't wanna know what I asked for Christmas then :)

Rado Watch, Chronograph r5.5 Black Ceramic Bracelet R28886172 - Men's Watches - All Watches - Jewelry & Watches - Macy's

Kuroshio 11-17-2011 07:35 PM

The bad part it was mostly just a joke. We were at the jewelry store, gift shopping for her aunt. Rather than get involved in an earring debate between two women (her and the sales clerk) I wandered over to the watches and saw it.

Yuen: do you like it?
Me: ya
Yuen: do you want it?
Me: sure it'd look nice under the Xmas tree :D

Yuen: maybe on your birthday

I was joking... She's dead serious. Knew I shoulda asked for the BMW s1000rr

TooBroke0029 11-17-2011 08:37 PM

Hey my girlfriend sells purses u should try and negotiate for a less expensive more useful purse. Lol

Trey929RR 11-17-2011 09:02 PM

That's why you don't let them leave the kitchen and they won't ask for an expensive purse. Maybe some new pots or pans is understandable... :icon_pimp:

Xander F4i 11-19-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR (Post 1113935)
Maybe some new pots or pans is understandable... :icon_pimp:

Just like riding gear to cover your butt...you can never go wrong putting money into high quality pots and pans for your female companions to cook with!

Trey929RR 11-19-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Xander F4i (Post 1114144)
Just like riding gear to cover your butt...you can never go wrong putting money into high quality pots and pans for your female companions to cook with!

My new friend.....:icon_hyper:

Julie 12-04-2011 09:31 AM

There is so much going on in this post it's not even funny lol. I can't help but chime in here since, well, I happen to be a (*gasp*) GIRL! ...And I'll ignore all those comments about keeping my kind in the kitchen where we belong :icon_wink:.

But yeah, people have said it already. No matter how much women deny it, women compete with other women. Period. You guys probably don't even know half the stuff we do instinctually for that very reason. You think we spend an hour painting our faces and fluffing our hair or push our boobs up to our necks or teeter around in uncomfortable heels for you guys? Sorry to disappoint lol but that's just as much for securing our place among other women. You guys do it too, just in different ways. It's been almost 10 years and for the life of me I still can't understand why my ex-husband "needed" a 52" HD plasma flatscreen with full surround sound system, or what accident he had that caused him to hit his head and be able to justify spending almost $5k on it :icon_really: ..(or maybe I can since I'm sitting here typing this post and using this as a reference lol). But he did, and he would have all his friends come over and ooh and ahh over the giant movie screen we had in our living room then go sit on his little king throne of awesomeness for having such an expensive and badass tv.

On the flip side, us kitchen-goers have our purses, or shoes or whatever. I like to think I'm pretty well rounded in the girlie vs non-girlie obsession department. I love cars and bikes and a good purse and pair of stilettos all at the same time. I have one of those ungodly expensive purses and I can try to spin it a thousand other ways to make it sound better but it still comes down to one thing. At least I can admit it though ...right? :o Lol.

...and I'm still trying to figure out how to strap a Louis Vuitton to the back of the Honda....(kidding, sort of...) :icon_doh:

lethallyinjected 12-04-2011 10:00 AM

Not gonna lie, I have 2 Hamiltons, 2 Omegas, and a Doxa. I'd really like a Kobold Phantom but that's just outrageous amounts of money for a watch...