Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which to sell?
Mustang.
63.16%
Cbr 954rr
13.16%
Keep both and deal with it.
15.79%
undecided
7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Which to sell, Mustang or CBR954rr.. HELP PLEASE.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which to sell, Mustang or CBR954rr.. HELP PLEASE.

Ok gentleman and ladies. Here is my dilemma I have a baby boy on the way. I need to pay off my truck and get the wife a car. So do to this either my 1992 Ford Mustang, or CBR 954rr has to go. Both are worth about the same money (mustang 6K, cbr 954rr 5k). Both I am very attached to, and I have A LOT of extras in both of them, both are payed for the mustang needs a paint job and that’s about it. The Cbr needs nothing. Which should I sell, neither isn’t a option and I love both of them. Below is some specs.
1991 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX
1) Detroit locker
2) 4.10 ford racing gears
3) Upper and lower control arms
4) Lakewood 50/50 drag shocks
5) AOD built with 2500 stall and corrected speedometer gear
6) Full custom exhaust, bbk shorties, x-pipe, and flowmaster 44 series mufflers and tips
7) E-cam
8) Ported gt40p heads
9) Edelbrock efi performer RPM intake w/ 24lp injector and MAf
10) Nos sniper efi kit
11) Bbk fuel pressure regulator
12) Bbk air intake fender mount
13) New custom sound system Lazar everything
14) Full MSD

2002 CBR 954rr
1) Corbin seat
2) eBay rear cowl
3) CF bar ends, front and rear sliders
4) BD light smoke windscreen
5) D&D slip on (from skip954 if you have seen his pics)
6) Power commander
7) Custom fender eliminator
8) New Michelin PP tires front and rear

I listed this Just to show I have A LOT of time and money invested in both and in all actuality I will not get the money out of them that I have in them however one still has to go. Thanks for the help
Finch

Old 05-13-2010, 12:58 AM

Which one to you take out more often? You can always throw the kid in the stang. Is the stang a daily driver (or can it be)? the bike would probably be cheaper to replace down the road when you have a little spare cash and/or time. If you sold the bike does that mean your gonna leave us?? Not any easy decision.
I'm kinda in the same boat, but its a no brainer for me, need the truck for work, have too much fun on the bike, Dont drive my Talon Tsi anymore. The Talon goes!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:05 AM

the mustang is a daily driver. But then so is the bike unless its raining. Then I still have the truck. Yes I agree with you the bike will be cheaper to replace. I have ALOT (ok TOO MUCH) money in the mustang. probally over 8k. I don't even want to tally it up. I could always get another 954 down the line for a little over 3k. or maybe upgrade to a 08 1000rr one day, when the price comes down.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:20 AM

OK heres my . If you need the money fast, put em both up for sale and see wich one goes first, buyers make the choice for you! If you got some time, (i hate to speak such blasphemy) I would sell the bike. I think would be easier to replace.
Can't you just shake down a badguy or something, lol
Good luck, hope it all works out for you!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:51 AM

well I'm not in a hurry to sell either. Not till I get back to the states. Heck I don't know I may keep both I'm still undecided.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 AM

You said you have a truck, so with that being said I choose the Mustang. I am a huge Mustang fan but I remember when I sold my 96 YZF 600 and was miserable until I got my F2, 4 yrs later. The moment you sell your bike you are going to regret it hands down.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 AM

Wife is telling me not to sell ANYTHING. Hell I dunno she has ALOT of say so. (sorry guys) so I'm gonna chat it up with her. See whats going to happen.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if one must go, I said the 'stang. You got 4 wheels in the truck and will gain another 4 wheel vehicle in the car you get for the wife.

But I only see 1 2 wheel vehicle in your lineup

Old 05-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Neither! lol.. then again you are talkin to guy with 2 Mustangs and a bike.. Also.. no offense.. but you will never see anywhere near $8k for that stang, especially needing paint... it is relatively a mild setup... and people just arent buying nowadays.. I have easy over $20K into my 88... I'd be lucky to see $10K for it if I had the right buyer... my other one (99GT) is a stockish daily driver though... if the wife is telling you to keep them both.. listen to her.. then take her out to a dinner date to say thank you.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
but you will never see anywhere near $8k for that stang,
he said 6k bud....bubba, depending on how nice a car you want to get yer wife...you can always build,find a nice bike down the road, but its hard(expensive) to build up another hotrod(i know). tough decision... just to let you know i had to make the same decision when my son came along, i let my F2 go, glad i did , theres no way i could replace my 67 cougar...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which to sell, Mustang or CBR954rr.. HELP PLEASE.