Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Securing a bike to trailer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Securing a bike to trailer.

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

doesnt really matter if its all the way forward or not but it cant hurt

Another thing is to make sure you have someone sit on the bike and bounce it a little to compress the shocks/springs like Redz said before, otherwise the first few bumps the bikes suspension will compress and the straps will loosen up

You can also look into something called the "canyon dancer" wich goes on the triple/handlebars to give you a secure mounting spot

Thats what I used when I first got mine. Worked like a charm.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

Doesnt matter where the bike is on the trailer. Just make sure that shock and the forks are compressed as much as possible!!
HUH! That has to be so bad for the seals..

Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ its not going to hurt the seals, but you have to compress the suspension or you will have trouble.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM

How are you going to have trouble? Ive been told by a few people to never fully compress the suspension.I have had myCBR in the back of my truck without doing that. And Ive had two dirt bikes in the backa bunch of times and never had a problem.I know I dont know everything. But compressing the suspension all the way just seems bad to me.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on finding a bike.
Lets see pics when you bring her home.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

How are you going to have trouble? Ive been told by a few people to never fully compress the suspension.I have had myCBR in the back of my truck without doing that. And Ive had two dirt bikes in the backa bunch of times and never had a problem.I know I dont know everything. But compressing the suspension all the way just seems bad to me.
noone is saying to compress them ALL the way, but to put some pressure on them when strapping it..
If you tighten the straps with out comressing at all, when you hit a nice bump the bikes suspension
will take the impact and the straps will then be loose

Old 04-01-2008, 07:18 PM

dude.. i love how you started this post.. made it sound like the annoying little brother..

not the case man.. you have now started your search for a bike with cbrforum.. you have now asked for advice on cbrforum on how to get your bike that we all advised you on..... and you will soon be riding with a **** eating grin on your face......

you sir are stuck with us... stick around.. we would like to hear about the trials and tribulations of (COLE)

congrats man.. hope it all works out for you.. and hope you stick around.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

noone is saying to compress them ALL the way, but to put some pressure on them when strapping it..
If you tighten the straps with out comressing at all, when you hit a nice bump the bikes suspension
will take the impact and the straps will then be loose
quote:

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

Doesnt matter where the bike is on the trailer. Just make sure that shock and the forks are compressed as much as possible!!
Quote:

In was just going off of what redz said. I know you have to compress it a little. I was always told to never compress too much.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ Sorry if i came off a bit sharp on my post CBRCRF, i tend to just hit the points and not elaborate much, i wasnt thinking mash the suspension down till it was bottomed, i was thinking i always put some load on it so it cant bounce around and let the straps get loose. Thusly putting a little load on it wont hurt the seals.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:43 PM

doesnt really matter if its all the way forward or not but it cant hurt

Another thing is to make sure you have someone sit on the bike and bounce it a little to compress the shocks/springs like Redz said before, otherwise the first few bumps the bikes suspension will compress and the straps will loosen up

You can also look into something called the "canyon dancer" wich goes on the triple/handlebars to give you a secure mounting spot

Those worked great in past experiences for me!

Quick Reply: Securing a bike to trailer.