Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Scrotum hurting after ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ******* hurting after ride!!

I dunno if my input will mean much here since I HAVE no *******, but I'll give my $0.02 anyway.

I think your choice in undearwear might be part of the problem. When you're engaging in any sort of vigorous physical activity, you need SUPPORT. Just as when I work out, I wear a sports bra to keep the girls from bouncing all over the place (cus when they bounce, they HURT), you may need to do the same for your boys. While it may seem like keeping them close to the body might make them get too hot and hurt MORE, I think support will keep them from getting the "reverse wedgie" as you called it, and will keep them from getting so jarred during the ride.

Also, now they're making good supportive underwear for men out of the "dri fit" material that they make Under Armour from, so that'll reduce the sweating/prickly heat issues.

And lastly, maybe change your riding jeans. Chris swears by his Shift jeans (they have a woven cotton/stretchy panel in the crotch, which I thought was just for ease of movement, but he said it also increases ventilation a LOT).

Good luck!!

Old 12-18-2005, 02:38 AM

nah i use to work for Fox/Shift i don t like their apparel its too trendy now with little actual use riding they have sold out

Old 12-18-2005, 11:09 AM

the only time anything silimar has happened to me it was when there was uneven pavement. the kind where the pavement in front of you is lower and you drop down. i was crowding the tank and didnt see it comming. bike bounced and i ended up sitting on something rather important. ouch!!!

Old 12-18-2005, 01:42 PM

I agree with our scrotumless rider above-it's your choice of undies. Try some briefs, maybe a little baby powder on the boys, or you could duct-tape them out of the way. Last resort, cut 'em off! [sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 12-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: mininsx

you could duct-tape them out of the way. Last resort, cut 'em off!
[sm=jawdrop.gif] you got problems!

Old 12-27-2005, 01:23 AM

Let me start be saying, THANK GOD I DO NOT NAVE THIS PROBLEM. Although I did feel like I kept sliding to the tank at stops. After whining about it my wife found this grip tape, kind of like the stuff skate borders use, but not as ruff, so it doesn’t mess up my gear but it keeps me away from the tank when I stop. Now about 4 or 5 of my crew use it. Just what worked for me.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:10 AM

*****, this thread is gay lol

Old 08-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 1bdcbr

*****, this thread is gay lol

are you saying that discussion that could potentially save someones ***** is gay? I dunno bout you but I want my ***** to work when I need em. :P

I ride an F2, which has a pretty soft seat, and when I reapolstered it, I notced that there is a gouge out of the foam right about where my ***** sit, so I dunno if they have more room to dangle in there and be free but it works. When on long trips 2+ hours, I just stand up and wiggle the legs out a lil to adjust. Also on long trips, every hour or so I will stop for a few minutes to stretch and walk around.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:33 AM

+1 to the underamour stuff. I love the boxer-breifs they are making now. Works wonders for just general life situations.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:41 AM

I use the Fox Launch pants and usually wear Icon Jeans of some sort. Never hurts to adjust the boys though.

As funny as it is, it is definately a good topic.

Quick Reply: Scrotum hurting after ride!!