Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Schooooool Bags

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schooooool Bags

Hey guys,

My dads 25 y/o backpack is nut cutting it for me this semester. The thing is falling apart.
So it is time for a new backpack and I am thinking a tank bag.
Anyone know how easy it is to load/remove load/remove the tank bag from the tank a few times a day?
I was thinking an Icon Urban or Icon Primer (the ones with backpack straps)..... anyone have these? I'm fitting a book or two, a notebook, and a tablet pc... Will these be to heavy for a tank bag?

Thanks guys, I'm trying to make a purchase soon!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Default RE: Schooooool Bags

I have the joe rocket manta tank bag, and to be honest, thats about as big of a tank bag as I would want. I find it annoying to have to remove the tank bag, so removing it 4 times a day would be really unacceptable to me.....

I say just get a decent backpack.....forget the tankbag idea.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Thanks for a speedy response!
I should have added that I have a 45 minute commute and carry about 15 pounds of computer and books. It will be nice to keep it off my back during the ride, and I will just have to lug it around when I'm on campus. That is why I'm looking at the tank bags.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:01 AM

definately get a decent backpack. Keep in mind when your looking to get one that is at least water resistant, if not water proof. Also, make sure if fits good with your jacket on. Some will fit great to your body, but when you put your jacket on, even extending the straps, the pack sits wrong. Usually,backpacks with a third strap that runs across your chest and connects the two shoulder straps willwork out well. It keeps the back pack located.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 AM

Gonna have to agree with the backpack idea. I think it is less distracting to have 15lbs on your back, than in front of you while riding. Especially on a sportbike.

But it might be right up your alley. You might be a sport-tourer deep down, and love having a tank bag. lol

The other reason for me, at least, is wear and tear on the tank itself. I´m just weird that way, though.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Hmmm, why not get the tank bag and a backpack? During the commute just have the tank bag loaded and when you get to campus just transfer the materials. Might be easier than removing and replacing a full tank bag.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:43 AM
WXT

Have you thought about getting a cargo net and strapping your backpack to your rear seat?

Something like this....

Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 PM

i have the other icon backpack, dont get it it sucks, fell apart pretty quick.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 PM

I have the Icon bag on the left and it's rather small. You probably won't be able to fit a folder or books in it. To give you an idea, you could probably fit a pair of size 10 shoes in it and that's all.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:53 PM

I really appreciate all of your input! There are a lot of good ideas here, I'll be sure to take all into consideration.

Quick Reply: Schooooool Bags