Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Scam or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scam or Not?

A few days back i found a 2005 cbr600rr on craigslist which was in Philly for $2900, so i sent an email asking if they have a title and why they are selling it. I mean one of those times where it sounds too good to be true, and a few hours back i couldn't find the same post, but i got an email back:

"Hi,
I'm the owner of 2005 Honda CBR 600RR on which you've recently show interest through craigslist.The bike is in excellent shape and in perfect running condition and it has a clean and clear US title in hand. I am located in Montreal Canada now and the bike will be shipped from here. The price for the bike is $2,900 with shipping and handling included in price. Shipping will be done via DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) and it will take no more then 2-3 days top (depending on your exact location).
The transaction will be made through SafePay Solutions for our own protection. You will have 5 days to inspect and test drive it upon arrival with no obligation to buy. Should the bike not be exactly as described, you can cancel the deal, and get a full refund of your money. If you wish to go on, please get back to me and let know so we can make the deal.

Sincerely,
Marry"

What do you guys think scam??

Old 11-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Default RE: Scam or Not?

Its a SCAM DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:27 PM

Thanks, i pretty much figured as much but had to have my hunch backed up

Old 11-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Retired Moderator

Scary for sure! It is hard enough dealing with fraud on a local level, but Canada is another country. I can't imagine what a pain it would be. I look elsewhere.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:37 PM

Its most likely a scam, but for that price, tell him you will go up there and look at it and then see what he says.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:18 PM
VP

^^^ +1

If it's on craigslist you should be able to check it out in person. If you can't touch the bike with your bare hands and take it home with you then you don't want it! Always CASH !

Old 11-27-2006, 05:51 PM

tell him send the bike first if u like it u send the money if not ... tell him u will ship him the bike back on ur own cost ..

Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scam for sure, i could tell when i first read, "Hi, I'm the owner of 2005 Honda CBR." Tone and using useless sentences like i am the owner, i am in canada, i will ship it for free. all of those things are atypical of scammers doing this. way underpriced bike, way too many mods, too good of condition, and how conveniently they are out of the country. they always talk like robots and tell you shipping methods as well as trying to coax you into the deal and make you feel all comfortable. dont send any money, if anything send them a counterfeit cashiers check or something.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:30 PM

did he show pics? Cause the one that's been floating on craigslist is a red 600rr with NC tags.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:00 PM

It was on for only a few hours, but i think it was red, i've looked at way too many bikes to remember, lol . its crazy though how far people will go to make some money.

Quick Reply: Scam or Not?