Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Save AIG???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Save AIG???

The egg-sperts would have you believe "we" don't understand why AIG needs a hand but Lehman Bros didn't. And why the peeps being evicted are different.

I've heard all seven sides of the story but would rather have the whole shabang crash and burn than bailout a company that used unwise business practices to speculate on making gobs of money. If the mortgage boom had lasted another 10 years and AIG was making $85B a year ya know they'd be paying accountants big $$$ to avoid paying tax.

This is the 3rd time I can remember this situation happening ... and I'm only early 40ish. Remember the farmers losing everything cause banks speculated on farm land? Remember the S&L crisis? Now the mortgage bust ... the fockers don't learn. If they can turn a buck they will. And if it goes to hell in a handbasket they turn to the govt. Let 'em rot in hell and go bankrupt. And the peeps that got the 0% loans knowing they couldn't afford when the note came due should get theirs also. I live in a paid off house because I worked my *** off and lived within my means. What a concept ... maybe it could work for others as well [8D]

Old 09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't GM bailed out also at some point...or at least given a "loan" by the government. As far as I'm aware, they paid it all back. I don't see a loan as a "Bail-out." Even looking at the AIG offer 80% is now owned by the government. Not quite a bail-out but instead a controlled failure.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is where I will come out the closet and inform everyone that I am avid supporter of Anarchy.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Well, if some of your ppl bussiness will collapse some day, i'm sure Uncle Sam will not come to say: Well nephew, lemme help you and buy your bussiness...Hmm? Will he?[sm=proof.gif]

Old 09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nauree

This is where I will come out the closet and inform everyone that I am avid supporter of Anarchy.
I have found over time that the people who advocate anarchy get real hungry for order when it is they who are being abused ...

Old 09-23-2008, 03:12 PM

Or possibly I I advocate anarchy because its the order that is abusing us.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 PM

All these Wall Street schmuks need to fall....I'm TIRED of handing off more debt to our kids because of greed. Do you guys realize that our national debt goes up by 1 trillion dollars every 15 months? Do you realize that if nothing changes...HALF OF YOUR PAYCHECK will go to Social Security and Medicare before you even have bought groceries, paid your electric bill, paid your own mortgage...or done anything AT ALLin like 25 years?Who picks up the tab...... WE DO [:@][:@][:@][:@]

You watch how many people bail out with their golden parachutes....so we can have more debt.

Oil is not based on supply and demand.....we went from 150.00 a barrel to 90.00 a barrel in two months time. Did oil demand worlwide drop by more than a third during that time? NOPE...It then rebounds and it went up 16.00 a barrel just yesterday in ONE FRICKIN DAY. Is this supply and demand? NOPE Its speculators COVERING THEIR *** at our expense

Baby Boomers are selling out the younger generations future BIG TIME for their own gain....so much for handing off the country better than you found it

God ...I could go on and on and on

Old 09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

I live in a paid off house because I worked my *** off and lived within my means. What a concept ... maybe it could work for others as well [8D]
Well said. I think even theexistance of P&I insurance for a less than 20% down payment has helped create a mindset that causes people to live beyond their means.

Oil is not based on supply and demand.....we went from 150.00 a barrel to 90.00 a barrel in two months time. Did oil demand worlwide drop by more than a third during that time? NOPE...It then rebounds and it went up 16.00 a barrel just yesterday in ONE FRICKIN DAY. Is this supply and demand? NOPE Its speculators COVERING THEIR *** at our expense
While the amount of the peaks and valleys can be due to speculators, the moving days averages and trends still hold true to the laws of a free market economy. The 'real' price for oil will be constantly overshot and undershot by the speculators where some 'bet' on the price rising and others on the prices falling.Supply and demand will set the price range, but maybe not the daily spot price, fundementals will come through.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 PM

we are already in a recession, giving everyone more money won't fix it

Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 PM