Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Saturday May 5th: Round 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well obvious reason is because the last time, a low speed, low side slide damn near totalled the bike.

But perhaps it was just a fluke. Don't drop it again and you wont have to find out.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Default trash 'em

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
If i had a choice, trash the body work.

If anything about the slider failed, it would be the bolt that goes into the engine mount.
I was just wondering. I thought this was a pretty good indication that you were not pleased with the sliders, and would rather trash the body work. When I saw the same sliders back on, I was confused. That's all bruh.
Nobody has been able to give a concrete reason not to. Neither the puck nor the slider body failed.

If you have a good reason why not to, I'm open to it. So i can always buy a different set and go with them.
I will try to give you a curb reason. I would have to say that the bolt failing and the sliders being folded up would be enough for me, IMO. If I am correct, was it a BMW stock bolt that was removed and the slider utilized the stock bolt and stock hole?? Either way, the sliders protected your fairings(for the most part). I just wouldn't want to have the thought of "will this happen again with these sliders?" everytime I ride(subconciously of course).
Originally Posted by zaqwert6
Don't drop it again and you wont have to find out.
+1

Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM

The bike looks good as new, glad you got her back.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I did have a chat with a salesman who also rides. His opinion was the bike would a been totaled without the sliders. And not just because of fairing damage.

Without the sliders, the next thing between the street and the engine is the radiator. From the damage he saw to the puck, his opinion was the rad would have gone along with the entire rhs. And then the curb would have killed the engine.

With full coverage, yeah I'd prolly being waiting for the '12 recall to complete without the sliders. It's a "what if?" I don't have to explore.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Well I did have a chat with a salesman who also rides. His opinion was the bike would a been totaled without the sliders. And not just because of fairing damage.

Without the sliders, the next thing between the street and the engine is the radiator. From the damage he saw to the puck, his opinion was the rad would have gone along with the entire rhs. And then the curb would have killed the engine.

With full coverage, yeah I'd prolly being waiting for the '12 recall to complete without the sliders. It's a "what if?" I don't have to explore.

Exactly. There's alot of 'what ifs' ... now you can focus on the future and ride that beast.