Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Safety sticker placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
I cannot do that because my bike is lowered and does not have too much space there. If you rode my bike, you will melt my tire hugger with pipe and I would have to slap you!!

Old 05-05-2011, 11:43 AM

How often are your state inspections required? I would just toss the sticker back on your chain guard. If it's a recently changed law, then I'm sure you could get away with saying "oh sorry, I've always had it on my chain guard."

I honestly don't think cops will harrass you much about it, but if they do you might not have any other choice and will have to deal with it being ugly.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:45 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by DammitMike
How often are your state inspections required? I would just toss the sticker back on your chain guard. If it's a recently changed law, then I'm sure you could get away with saying "oh sorry, I've always had it on my chain guard."

I honestly don't think cops will harrass you much about it, but if they do you might not have any other choice and will have to deal with it being ugly.
My friend and I were thinking about doing it, but the guy put the sticker on the plate. We didn't think they can come off nicely. Inspection is once a year

Old 05-05-2011, 11:49 AM

Not to hijack, but how do you know if your state has that inspection laws? Because, I've never even heard of such a thing.

Yumon, does it have to be in a place where they can see it on the road? Or can it be hidden and then you just show them? If not, what about putting it on the underside of your seat cowl?

Old 05-05-2011, 12:06 PM
August 2011 ROTM

It has to be on the bike where they can see it. But now he said it has to be on the rear where cops can see when they are running the plate, like cars.

I just read the State administrative rules, yes it has to be placed on the rear.

I will look into smaller FE and maybe I can make it not so ugly. I had LED one in the beginning but I didn't think the turn signal was that visible so I changed back.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM

That's kind of pointless, in your defense, because the text is so tiny that the cop is going to have to get close to read it and therefore it should be anywhere that's visible.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
August 2011 ROTM

They are not tiny.. they are ugly huge. OMG, if you have to do this, most of you will go ilegal route. I do have until end of the month for cops to give me hassle, cuz my old one is good until then. I wil take it off and figure out what I am going to do with this.

Wow, I forgot about it when I got on the bike, but this look is not acceptable. I didn't really like the light, but now I really hate my backend

This is where it used to be. (I just came to work in the rain so bike is dirty)

Old 05-05-2011, 02:19 PM

Ohio doesnt have it from what i know but what is wrong with having hids?

Old 05-05-2011, 04:16 PM

We have inspection stickers here in New York. As long as it's stuck somewhere on the bike or with the bike I think it's fine. I stuck mine on the bottom of my shock tube. This years ones are red so it matches the front fender and looks fine.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:34 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I talked to the state DOT guy. He said as long as you can see from behind, it is ok to be attached anywhere. So I will figure out a better place

Quick Reply: Safety sticker placement