Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

a sad thing that must be

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a sad thing that must be

i have decided to buy a 05 zx6r. i want a 600rr so bad but its just not going to happen. i look and look and nothing buyable is around. i went to look at a zx6r today thinking well i might aswell look at it in person. the pirce is right at 5000 for a 05 with only 5000 miles. it has some scraches on the right from falling over but its still a great deal. so i go to pick it up tomarow... its not a bad looking bike but not a rr

i dont know what i am going to do now. either keep till beging of next year and get a 09 next year or sell in like 3 or 4 months and get a 07. this is unfourtinitly the beat choice for me right now. i am so happy to get to ride finaly yet so sad its not a honda. after i rode my f4i for a week i knew i never wanted anything but a honda.

with the prices of cbr600rr around here right now it just makes so much sence to buy this and upgrade to a newer rr latter beging a newer rider.

i think what made me like hondas so much more than anything else is becuase of this forum. this is my first forum i even been on for bikes and the community here is great. there are so many people with great bikes and so much knowlage. i have learned more from here then i will any other place about bikes.

before i had a honda i read these forums, when i had one i read these forum, when i lost it i read these forum, when i have a kawi i will still read these forums.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Default RE: a sad thing that must be

Nice man, my friend got his 05 ZX6R last year with 400 miles on it for like a little under 6G's. Yeah like you, I was apart of this community way before I had my bike, and just kind of read a lot and absorbed what there was to know about all the Honda bikes. Well, hopefully you end up with you 600RR eventually, and good luck and be safe bro.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:14 PM

you're still a fellow rider. We still love you.

leave the forms and we'll hunt you down like a dog

Old 04-09-2008, 09:16 PM

Good luck to you. You will have plenty of fun with the 636. Ride safe and you will deffinately have a Honda in the future.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

o no do i have to go in to hiding so the cbr gang does not kill me?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The zx6r, is this the one with 636 donk?. If so your not going to be disappointed, test rode one about 18 months ago & the only thing that stopped from getting it was money. Great throatie growl, & meaty midrange. I've owned a few Kwaka's & no complaints. You lucky bastard.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

nice bike my brother has an 05 636. i think you shouldn't settle though . i did that with my f4i when i was looking to replace my 929 and i was really dissapointed every time i was on it because it wasnt what i truly wanted. but it did lead to me eventually getting what i wanted so its not all bad.

only thing you have to think about is , down the road will you be able to sell it for a decent price to help get what you want later

Old 04-09-2008, 10:09 PM

J/K

I know some people around here with the same bike and i like it....Good luck and dont forget to evemtuially "upgrade" to a Honda

Old 04-09-2008, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

Like "a" dog....

or like DOG?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kawasaki's aren't that bad. It was actually my second choice to a Honda. I rode the newer ones at Laguna Seca, and I was actually pretty impressed with the way they felt.

Quick Reply: a sad thing that must be