Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A SAD SAD Story.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A SAD SAD Story.......

It is with deepest regret that I inform the forum that one of our very own has entered the dark side. ROTM in March(I believe),6hundred_doubleR has sold out his Honda world for the Susckies 1000. All members please keep him in your prayers for his safety and well being.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Default RE: A SAD SAD Story.......

This is horrible news because once you're at the top theres only one place to go.

SUZUKI, always one step ahead of yamaha, always ten steps ahead of honda.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

This is horrible news because once you're at the top theres only one place to go.

SUZUKI, always one step ahead of yamaha, always ten steps ahead of honda.
So you are saying that both suzuki and yamaha are better than honda? I have to disagree, I really don't like yamaha, look at the problem that they had with 2nd gear for about 10 years and didn't fix. It seemed that they didn't care that their tranny sucked. I really can't say anything bad about suzuki since I like those bikes too, but I don't like the styling of the '06s. I don't like the way the tail looks on the GSXRs, but everything else looks good and what about yamaha that R6 thing (I wouldn't even call that a bike) is stupid ugly and yamaha lied about the 17500 rev limiter and said that their tach is off 10%<--stupid f**kers, then they had to buy it back if you weren't happy with it because of that. And everyone loves it because its suppost to be the most powerful 600 on the market, but I would be willing to bet that its not. I don't know since I don't have any of the numbers but they are all so close it doesn't really matter and most of the kids that are going out to buy them will wreck them before they can ever RIDE the bike anyway so it doesn't really matter. I'll stick with my honda it hasn't given me any trouble and I pretty much ride the rev limiter everytime I'm out and it hasn't even flinched at it. Honda puts so much R&D into their bikes that they will run forever without any problems, look at thirdgenlxi he has about 60,000 miles on an f4i and I don't think he has had to fix anything.

I didn't mean to go off in a rant about that but I really don't like yamaha bikes and am not impressed by them at all and I'm just discusted at the new R6[:'(] everytime I see one I throw up in my mouth a little, no joke.

-Jesse-

Old 06-07-2006, 10:52 AM

A little confession

I love the Honda's, but recently I was shopping for an upgrade.. I spent a good couple hours at the dealer and must admit that most the bikes over 600 CC kinda felt ackward - seating, back lean, wrist angles, ankle angles... but I was really impressed with the kawasaki x14 .. If any of you get a chance to sit on that bike, do it. That bike has almost an identical posture to the F4i and it was one of the most comfortable that I sat on.

Anyhow... I'd love to stick with the CBR but to be honest I dont like the seating on the 1kRR's and one of my buddys says it really sucks for long rides. Could just be his opinion and my custome to the f4i.

Yea I know.. bikes not gonna be worth it if its not built good and handles well so that's why i'll prolly stick with the Honda's, but sure wish they'd do something about that seat on the 1krr's - I cant see how some of you guys can ride that thing for hours, guess it just takes some getting use too.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: JeffRR

It is with deepest regret that I inform the forum that one of our very own has entered the dark side. ROTM in March(I believe),6hundred_doubleR has sold out his Honda world for the Susckies 1000. All members please keep him in your prayers for his safety and well being.
So long sucka!

Old 06-07-2006, 04:11 PM

Yo Jesse, I figured someone would get offended at my comment. Things are always over exagerated when you're rooting for your company, it's no different then when you're going for your favorite sports team. The thing is though that honda almost always comes in last in the bike shootouts between the big 4. I will say this though, the reliability is never tested in those shootouts and honda would win those every time.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

Yo Jesse, I figured someone would get offended at my comment. Things are always over exagerated when you're rooting for your company, it's no different then when you're going for your favorite sports team. The thing is though that honda almost always comes in last in the bike shootouts between the big 4. I will say this though, the reliability is never tested in those shootouts and honda would win those every time.
for the 1000s the RR isnt at the top, i'd have to look at a magazine to see what place it was, dont remember.
but for the 600s the RR was always 2nd place, 1st was always the daytona triumph. yeah above the GSXR-600 and the newly redesigned R6.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:40 PM

I must give a rider farwell then :finger:

Old 06-07-2006, 10:32 PM

ok, whatever bike you like is a matter of preference. if you want to hear a pros oppionion i would suggest going to your newstand and picking up the may issue of Two Wheels Only, i've been trying to locate the article in my mag on www.two.tv which is thier website.. but i cant find it and i dont want to search it for too long. they have an article where these 4 guys ride from london to lyon france. and they take a CBR1000RR, GSXR1000, R1, and the ZX10R. while they're riding they're switching bikes so everyone rides each bike. and they break it down to who liked what, and they showed all the stats on each bike as well as the frame design. i would highly suggest going and getting this issue.

Edit: oh ya, and the honda and suzuki were the best they thought.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:52 PM

BOOOOOOOO

Quick Reply: A SAD SAD Story.......