Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sad Sad Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sad Sad Day

I went to the doctor today with swelling in my knee, (have a hemangioma tumor) and the doc says that its the riding position from my bike that has my knee acting up. I love my bike but i cant keep hobbling around at work just so i can ride my bike. Anyhow I'm going to be trying to sale it in the next few weeks/months if anyone is looking and in the area.

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/mcy/1643149209.html

I'm in Louisiana

Details are in the link. Don't know if this is supposed to go in the for sale section but figured i would post here first to see. Its runs great and only has the small amount of fairing rash...pics are also in my folder. Plan on seeing what options i have to keep riding...I'm guessing a cruiser or something i can ride without bending m knee so much.

Anyone know of any good Honda cruisers, i like the Fury but don't think I'm ready for a chopper lol. Would like to keep riding since this is only my second season at it.

Last edited by bigboi18184; 03-14-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:53 AM

That sucks bud! I have a buddy who was an avid sport rider and had a knee injury in basketball. Ended up selling the bike and bought a Harley. He loves it and is able to still ride without knee problems.

Give that a shot maybe?

Old 03-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Get some clip-ons and relocate your pegs on the fairings - voila!

Seriously, sorry to hear that. Tough thing when your own body betrays you. Good success selling the CBR and finding another lady that will treat you right.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:40 AM

i rode my dads fury and it was alot easier than it looks it just has a bigger turn radius is all also extremely comfortable

Old 03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow man. Sorry to hear that. I do like your bike but the insurance would be 169.00 a month so i cant make that commitment. Maybe if you still have it in a few months things may be better and i can look at it. Sorry about your knee though. Take it easy man.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry about your knee. I've had knee probs but still ride. Walk it off man! ;-) J/k. All due respect, any chance you could still ride your CBR & use some type of physical therapy? Just a thought. I'm sure you've been down that road already.

RE cruisers... I rode a buddy's Honda 750 Aero for a day ride. My back hurt like hell afterward! Even though I've ridden cruisers in the past, I'd gotten used to the body position of sportbikes, b/c that's what I've ridden for yrs now. So, its a tradeoff w/a cruiser...you're knees will feel better but you're back might hurt...catch-22.

Hope whatever you do, you're knee feels better.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:42 PM

wish therapy would do it but would need surgery to remove the tumor first. They tell me 2 years of therapy after that before i was back to normal.

Its a killer on my knee riding it now, for any rides of 25 miles or more anyhow. It stiffens up and can't bend it. But anyhoo its cool I'll prolly still ride every once in a while until its sold.

Dang was looking at the aero as a possibility too.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You ever look at the DN-01? Honda's crossover? Riding position looks more upright

Old 03-11-2010, 04:39 PM

Damn....Sorry to hear that man! Hopefully you will figure something out that can keep you on 2 even it cant be the CBR!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 PM

Went ahead and put it up for $3300 on craigslist going to be looking around for a cruiser that suites me. Found a seat made for the shadow that has a backrest for the driver that will come in handy for that back pain mentioned. Talked to one of the Honda salesmen today and he took the info for my bike said he would pass it on to peeps looking to buy used. He's also looking to buy a sport bike and said he may be in touch.