Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A sad moment + a rant.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A sad moment + a rant.

Well today was one that will stand out for quite some time, if not the rest of my life. I sold a motorcycle that I was very very fond of. My 2001 Honda CR 250R.Im not going to lie, I actually had tears in my eyes when it was not in my possession. There are many factors to this event that really make me sad. Not having the bike to ride is probably the biggest part of it. Selling it for acouple hundred under book value is another. BUT what really gets me is all the time, hard work, and care I put into this machine to keep it as beautiful as it was. I love to maintain my bikes. It is one of the things I enjoy most about owning these mechanical devices. I had gone over the bike from the ground up keeping it as prestine as possible. I always had clean fluids and a clean air filter for it to run with. This thing was really damn nice. To be honest, I have not seen one in as good of shape and as clean as the one I owned. Even in 2001 whenbikes this modelwere new, not many bikes looked or ran like it. What this all adds up to is me selling it to someone WHO HAS NEVER RODE A BIKE!!!
The person who now owns my bike thought that the perfect begginer bike would be a Honda CR 250. This guy was something else. I have to say that I really dont think he belongs on it. The bike is way too nice for someone who doesnt even know what pre-mix is. The dude asked me (after he just saw me kick start it) if it was a kick start... You can imagine what was going through my mind. He showed up in sandals, and didnt even want to ride it. I still dont know what the hell I was thinking when I actually let him put it in his Avalanche. He didnt even know how to load it or tie it down. I was up for giving him advise but he did not seem to care. And after all of the honesty that I gave him about the bike he tries to short me one hundred dollars. I asked him where the last hundred was and he said that I told him 2000 instead of 2100. That really hit a nerve. He tried to lie to me about something I had said to him. After I told him I was firm about the price and it was not leaving unless he gave me the otherhundred, hegot bent out of shape, huffin and puffin, grabbed another hundred smacked it in my hand and said"great".It was a sarcastic "great". What a jerk. There goes my bike!

I will be really damn upset to see this thing on egay or craigs list with this clown trying to turn a profit off of my tidyness and care.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Default RE: A sad moment + a rant.

I don't mean to be a bastard... but there's going to be lot sadder times in life than selling a bike.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:08 AM

yeah, really sucks to put all that time and effort, and care into something, then see someone you just know isnt going to put the same care into it.
but just keep this in mind. It was a means to an end, the whole reason you put that amount of work into it is a)you enjoy it, and b) to keep it worth something down the road.

and, you made it to the end and reached the goal. You got the money out of it for taking care of it, even if it was a couple hundred less.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my f4easy and all but i would sell that **** in 2 seconds if someone had benjis in hand. getting attatched to a car or bike to the point of tears? i know alot of people that do it i just dont get it

Old 06-16-2007, 05:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i understand you were sad to sell you're bike........that you've put you're blood sweat and tears into. but you have to keep in mind that people have to start somewhere. i bought my F4i in April, and i'll be damnded if i knew how to start it. when i went to go look at it the guy told me to fire it up and i had to ask him how! the bike was ALSO kept in extremely minty condition. i too had to ask him numerous questions that he was kind enough to answer w/o making me feel like a jackass. people have to start somewhere, if i could have been born w/ bike knowlege, that would have been great. and im also one to keep the machine clean. i want it to LAST! i even keep intouch w/ the seller through emails and send him pics of the mods i've done and im even trying to meet back up w/ him to go on a ride.

but anyways, sorry to hear you let a piece of you go. you definately seemed attatched to that bike. but you just gotta keep in mind that people have to start somewhere, think of it this way......you've know started that guys new love/addiction to riding! thats what happened to me.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

Hey Moto, it is a bike. Not a dog or child or one of your kidneys. But if you were so attached to it, why'd you sell it? Really,life is too short to get attached to a object. If you are selling it because you really need the money to pay bills, then you are sad because you don't have money, not that you are losing a bike you maintained and shined up...

Old 06-16-2007, 02:02 PM
VP

Come on guys... if somebody stole my 54 I'd be in tears even though I have full coverage. It's part of you. If you don't understand that riding a motorcycle is the key to your soul then you just aren't riding in the right direction I guess. I've had my ups and downs in life, but one thing I know is when I ride my bike I am happy. Everyday I hope for a sunny day, no traffic, just hours to blow until the sun goes down. I am free. I don't have expectations of me, and no one knows where I am. If I could spend the rest of my life riding around the world, filling up with gas, and experiencing the planet I would quit tmy job today and do it. Moto I am 100% with you on this one man. It may just be property some to some people, but it has value that can't be paid for with "benjis"

Old 06-16-2007, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: amaank

I don't mean to be a bastard... but there's going to be lot sadder times in life than selling a bike.
hahahaha...truth

Old 06-16-2007, 02:08 PM

If somebody stole my bike id be pissed and sad all at the same time (especially w/o full coverage right now [:@])...he sold it. He shouldnt be sad.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

Yeah but this isn't his only bike right? His avitar is an RR, so one would assume he got rid of his other bike not his CBR. Whatever, I guess I look at objects as objects, not anything to love or view as anything more than entertainment. I guess it may have represented something more than just a pile of metal and oil, maybe it was his first big purchase and it was something he always wanted, anyway..MotoXX, I hope you feel better..

Quick Reply: A sad moment + a rant.