Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sad day in the neighborhood:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad day in the neighborhood:(

My life long best friend and riding partner has been hospitalized the past 3 months becuase of his Cystic Fibrosis, he opted in for a double lung transplant and was in madison wisconsin for 2 weeks getting tested and interviewed to get on the transplant list, he got approved and the waiting began, 3 weeks later his body stopped putting oxygen into his blood so had to be put on an ECMO machine thats basically like a bypass/life support machine. The surgeons said they only had about a week to get a set of lungs for him or else he would be too weak to survive the surgery and luck found him for a little bit at least cause less than 24 hours later a set came up for him, but that luck was short lived, do to unforseen and unavoidable complications from haveing the ECMO machine doin the work for his heart and lungs artificially even for that short period he got severe bleeding in his brain just a couple hours before the surgery was about to begin and was brain dead and died, his wished were to donate any useable organs that he had so he is being kept alive technically until a donar is needed.
Rest in Peace my friend my brother, you will be missed and loved still forever, keep the roads curvy and gravel free up there. i'll see you again.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stretch_the_apex
My life long best friend and riding partner has been hospitalized the past 3 months becuase of his Cystic Fibrosis, he opted in for a double lung transplant and was in madison wisconsin for 2 weeks getting tested and interviewed to get on the transplant list, he got approved and the waiting began, 3 weeks later his body stopped putting oxygen into his blood so had to be put on an ECMO machine thats basically like a bypass/life support machine. The surgeons said they only had about a week to get a set of lungs for him or else he would be too weak to survive the surgery and luck found him for a little bit at least cause less than 24 hours later a set came up for him, but that luck was short lived, do to unforseen and unavoidable complications from haveing the ECMO machine doin the work for his heart and lungs artificially even for that short period he got severe bleeding in his brain just a couple hours before the surgery was about to begin and was brain dead and died, his wished were to donate any useable organs that he had so he is being kept alive technically until a donar is needed.
Rest in Peace my friend my brother, you will be missed and loved still forever, keep the roads curvy and gravel free up there. i'll see you again.
Very sorry to hear!

My prayers to his friends and family. R.I.P

Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Big bummer. Best wishes to you and anyone affected by his loss, fellow Wisconsin rider friends.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:45 PM

Sorry to hear man. My sincere condolences

Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Sorry to about your friend. You were fortunate to be able to have his life shared with. His spirit will be with you forever.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:33 PM

my condolences to his friends and family. R.I.P.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:34 PM

that got me a bit choked up man...

RIP

Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 PM

Not gonna lie that brought a tear or two, I could never imagine how it'd feel to lose a best friend like that. R.I.P

Old 06-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Default Sincerest thoughts

Very sorry to hear, he would be proud of the impact he left behind with a good friend like you.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear. You have my sympathy on loosing a good friend.

Quick Reply: Sad day in the neighborhood:(