Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Running Tolls...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of your help.

Me and my friend "rode the line" and never got a ticket in the mail. Hell, we were going around 90mph through the toll so they'd better have some quick action cams to capture my tiny license plate. Haha, thanks

Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My step dad gave me a call to tell me about some bikes he saw on the toll in TX. He said there were three bikes doing wheelies through the tolls so the pic wouldnt get it. Pretty smart but really dumb if you F-up. Not worth the 75 cent toll IMO.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by 04_CBR_600rr
Thanks for all of your help.

Me and my friend "rode the line" and never got a ticket in the mail. Hell, we were going around 90mph through the toll so they'd better have some quick action cams to capture my tiny license plate. Haha, thanks
A friend of mine in the know was telling me that when they were testing the toll gates on one of the tollways here in DFW they used highway patrol cars to run through the gates to see how fast it could handle. They cut the test off at 120 mph because it was getting too dangerous and they were nowhere near the limit of either the tag reader or the cameras.

I've gotten those pic's in the mail of me riding the bike through at around 80 and you can easily see the whole lane and the plate is perfectly clear.

They aren't going to skimp on the technology that ensures they get their $$$$.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tell you this from experience having lived my whole life in Florida and driving a lot in college.... you get 3 freebies each month here in the sunshine state. After that you get a nice letter from the DOT or whoever asking you to pay the toll or be ticketed.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And +1 to what bimmer said. I've heard that those cams can pick up a tag at well over 150 mph.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:27 AM

when im in south florida my Sun pass pays off big with no stoppin(75mph) i know not all toll roads have sunpass . i wood olny run a toll if i was in a super hurry, but nothin goin on, stop and pay...If anyone has seen this little devise,it mounts to yer windsheild and it auto pays and flashes green showing your all good... if they made all tolls like this, it wood free up traffic big time...

Old 01-19-2010, 08:37 AM

What is wrong with you people blowing through toll booths at many multiples of the posted limit? Most toll booths I have seen have a limit like 40 or 45 approaching them (in Ohio) and a lot have speed limits of 10-15 mph for the actual booth itself! Seriously, just pay your tolls.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CrashTECH
What is wrong with you people blowing through toll booths at many multiples of the posted limit? Most toll booths I have seen have a limit like 40 or 45 approaching them (in Ohio) and a lot have speed limits of 10-15 mph for the actual booth itself! Seriously, just pay your tolls.
rofl speed limits?

Here, even the ezpass lanes have arms. I'm fairly sure they'll break away for a car...

Old 01-19-2010, 09:40 AM

yea the sunpass is nice. just cruise through and its easy u can buy em at any gas staition on the tolled highways... just pay the toll

Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
rofl speed limits?
Yeah, I have broken the speed limit before, and probably will in the future. The point is that doing it is dumb. Even more so when going through a toll area. Where I have seen cars and trucks change lanes without warning. Where toll workers are crossing lanes to get to and from different booths. It is just super unsafe and stupid to do.

Quick Reply: Running Tolls...