Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

run the red light or not?

Old 07-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default run the red light or not?

on some of the turning lanes around my area, they are the ones that sense the mass of the car to signal the light.. obviously there isnt enough metal to give off an electromagnetic signal(my neighbor who rides says it senses electromagnetic fields not the weight)
but is it "wrong" to run the red light at a turn if the coast is clear? i sat at a red light not knowing this for 4 cycles of the lights.. then finally someone pulled up behind me... and it changed
the same neighbor said that if its red, and you come to a complete stop, and run the red light if the coast is clear, you cannot get a ticket since the police are supposed to know the bikes wont signal the light to change and you would be sitting there til someone pulled up behind you...

what are yals take on this situation..

same neighbor again said he usually puts a strong small magnet under his bike so it will signal the light.. does that work? we put one on the inside of the fairing by the kick stand and it didnt work, but it was a weak magnet...

Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Default RE: run the red light or not?

I run them all the time..... cant wait till morning for someone to come allong... I will wait for a bit to be sure though.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: urandaman

same neighbor again said he usually puts a strong small magnet under his bike so it will signal the light.. does that work? we put one on the inside of the fairing by the kick stand and it didnt work, but it was a weak magnet...
yea i had the same thing and yes that works. off ebay but i forgot whats its called like red light changer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RLC-4...spagenameZWD1V

Old 07-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some lights are different. as for legality, it depends on the state, some states have laws to accomodate motorcycle, some dont. check your local laws to be sure. some people swear by the green light triggers, but some people say they dont work,i guess you dont know until you try the pesky light that always gets you. i always run it after about 3 cycles, if its late and there is no traffic, im gone after i realize its not going.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned

run it after about 3 cycles
Same here, look hard for cops (why annoy them, you don't want to interupt their busy donut eating schedule, no hate mail please, only joking) and traffic. The first light out of my subdivision doesn't see me, so I run it once in a while, luckily, the road isn't busy, but there is usually a car on the way to trigger it.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:25 PM

they do work just not at all the lights but most of them they do.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:46 PM

thanks, ill prob ask my brothers g/f's dad as he is DEA and would probally know or get the answer for me.

and since we are on the topic of red lights.. if your at an intersection.. and need to do a u turn and there is a median, would yal just hug the curb and go or wait for a light(provided there are cars behind you to trigger the light)

Old 07-02-2007, 04:04 PM

run em and hope cops see you to give chase to get that extra boost of adrenaline before work. lol btw im jk...run em though after about a minute

Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll run them so long as there is no traffic coming in either direction.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:40 PM

Don't run red lights! Stay there until morning....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: run the red light or not?