Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Roommate makes my life hell!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Roommate makes my life hell!!!!!!!

So my roommate is ruining my life. There was a party last weekend and my roommate ally was not home for the weekend. She had pranked my friend a few months ago by TPing his whole bathroom. So we thought payback was in order. So we start to TP her bathroom. I leave and come back a few mins later and there are 2 guys pissing in her tub. I look into the tub and there are like 3 puddles of shampoo. I got pissed and told them to clean it and leave. So they did. My roommate gets home and freaks out because she said they went through all her cabinets and dumped everything.
I call BS because I only saw a few small puddles of stuff in the tub. She claims it was $1000 in products. I claim BS again. So now she wants me to pay her back but I won’t since I had nothing to do with dumping anything out. No one that was there will admit to dumping all that stuff out and they agree that there is no way 1k in stuff got dumped. Maybe like 50 but that’s it. So now she is coming after me for the money but I said I won’t pay her cause I didn’t do anything.
She is on a 6 month lease with us and went ahead and paid the money ahead of time. She is leaving the lease 4 months early and says she wants her money back. I tell her no because you are breaking the lease. She says she is leaving because she doesn’t feel safe. I told her it was one time and the guys got thrown out. It’s not like it’s an ever week occurrence. Anyways I go to work the next day and I get a good talking to by my SGT because SHE CALLED MY EFFING WORK saying there was underage drinking (which I was not drinking) and that her stuff got ruined.
So my SGT tells me to fix it before I get investigated for an alcohol related accident. I go home and she is moving out. I ask her to stop calling my work because this is between us and she said it was her mom who called! (WHY WOULD AND ADULT NEED THEIR PARENT TO CALL!?!?) So she tells me to write her something saying ill pay however much until her money is paid back and she won’t call my work again! I refuse because that’s blackmail. Then one of the guys that are helping her move out says I would hate for your stuff to get messed up and let’s pray it doesn’t happen. So I’m starting to feel threatened because it’s 4 pretty big guys and me. So I walk away and call the police to make a report.
I start recording the convos on my phone and got one of the guys saying “just pay her the money and you won’t have any consequences!” By this time the cop gets here and tells them to get the stuff out and leave. She tells the officer I owe her 1k and he says it’s a civil manner and to take it to court. As they leave I ask the officer what I can do about her calling my work and he says if she calls again to file a telecommunications harassment report. Then he said ill go tell her to stop calling right now and he leaves to tell her.
Well today 2 days after all this my SGT got a call at his house saying I won’t let her off the lease. But if I let her off the lease ill owe her the money back wont I? So anyways I’m going to file a telecommunications harassment report because she is risking my career in the USAF by calling my work. Then I’m going to try and find advice on letting her off the lease. Of all things I owe her a roll of TP and some shampoo. She has no pictures of what was emptied because she threw the bottles away and she signed the lease for 6months. Yes her rent is 250 a month because I’m a very nice guy and she USED to be my wife’s friend.
The thing that pisses me off most is she is calling my work and that she isn’t even trying to get money for the shampoo from the other guys. WTF!!!! If she wants money take me to court and let them decide. Dont try to get my entire life involved. GAAAAAAAA.
RANT OVER

PS-Im married and we let her live with us cause she had no where to stay. She isnt poor becuase mommy and daddy pay for everything. She doesnt work either and had payed me the money like it was no issue. I dont get women sometimes.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:50 AM
June 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearly she knows no value when it comes to money. $1000 in hair supplies! Are you kidding me!? Who could even spend that kind of money for hair supplies. What a crazy b

Old 07-02-2010, 11:59 AM

That is one ****ed up situation. Bummer man.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM

No way would i let her off her lease. She signed it and broke now you have to find another room mate. If she can't hanlde childish pranks, she shoulnd't have started them. If any thing I would ask her for a list of stuff that got dumped out and or where she bought them. If its all common shampoos and stuff from somewhere in like a mall theres no way it was over 1k. MAYBE (if u feel like it) give her a gift certificate to a place like bath and body works, or wherever she got them, for like 100 bucks. Just to shut her up, and that way it looks like you made an effort to correct things (looks good if you end up in court). I guess I would just let the courts decide.
Maybe we could get a cbrf spring get together at your place to straigten things out! LOL

Old 07-03-2010, 05:20 AM

She isnt poor becuase mommy and daddy pay for everything.
And that might be the root of all her (now your) problems. Seems to me people who get everything handed to them growing up, expect it from everyone else

Old 07-03-2010, 05:27 AM

I had a nutter of a roommate when i lived in a shared house a few years ago. I got on well with everyone but this one tart. She thought she was special better than everyone else.

I told her bluntly that "no matter how upper class, special, or better than me, you think you are darlin, i wouldnt slap my **** across your face"

She cried, phoned the landlord and i was asked to leave. The other 5 people moved out the same week in protest cos i am awesome

Seeing how it played out now, mybe i should have just followed this simple guide.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:29 AM

She sounds psychotic. But a little bit in her defense, it's not far fetched that your friends dumped out a couple hundred dollars of stuff, depending on how much she had and what kind it was. If that was the case, can't blame her for being pissed.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 PM

I may be a bit cold, but If my friend was pranked by my roommate, I still wouldn't want to bring the problems into my own home. That kind of crap gets out of hand way to fast. I hope you can get it taken care of.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tacoma25
I may be a bit cold, but If my friend was pranked by my roommate, I still wouldn't want to bring the problems into my own home. That kind of crap gets out of hand way to fast. I hope you can get it taken care of.
+1

The best thing to have done would probably be to say, "sorry, it got out of hand. I'll make sure my friends replace your hair product."

Old 07-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kowen1208
+1

The best thing to have done would probably be to say, "sorry, it got out of hand. I'll make sure my friends replace your hair product."
When she first got home i explained everything to her and she said it was like 4 hundred bucks in stuff. So i told the guys who did and it they said they would split it. Well less than a day later she said she wanted to move out and i owed her the money she paid for rent up front. I told her no and thats when the total cost of hair products went to 990.00. So then everyone said well F you im not paying anything.

I just found out that a few weeks ago she was talking to my friend tellin him she wanted out of the lease but already gave us the money and she didnt think she could get it back. So now im thinking that she just wants 1k for rent or shampoo and is using the shampoo as a move out excuse.

Anyways i went to the police station yesterday and filed a harassament report. The officer called her and told her and her mother to stop calling my work or charges would be filed. I had to take it there since my job is on the line so i really hope she freaking stops now. Im never getting another roommate. Lesson learned. lol

Quick Reply: Roommate makes my life hell!!!!!!!