Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ron Ayers.com sucks balls

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ron Ayers.com sucks *****

So my stator went out....last month. Went to ron ayers.com cause i figured that they would be the cheapest, well they ended up bein bout middle i guess. Said i would have the part in a week and half. Week rolls by, say the part is on back order till the 23rd of this month. I cant cancell cause i would end up gettin a 25% restockin fee and that on top of the less expensive one would just not be worth it, so i wait it out. Called bout an hour ago to find out where my part is, if its coming anytime soon etc. and they say its still not there. She calls Honda, and says that they discontinued making the part. Now its gonna take another 3-5 days to get my money back on my ****in card. This is ****ING BULL****!!!!!!!!!! I havent been able to ride for bout a month now and im still gonna have to wait and get charged some jackass amount for some simple part. Im ****in pissed!

Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Default RE: Ron Ayers.com sucks *****

wow i wish it was a month for me i havent riden since october and my bike is in the shop geting a chain put on becuase i dont have the tools to do it my self right now. that sucks but could be worse

Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 PM

Don't you ride a 600rr? Their is no way its discontinued. Let me know what bike your ride (year and model) and I'll find one for you through my shop if you want.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:43 PM

Wow. You put up with that way longer than I would have. Once they said Back order I would of said cancel. Cant charge a restock fee on something that is back ordered. At least not where I work. That sucks. Better luck on the next one you order.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Triax

Don't you ride a 600rr? Their is no way its discontinued. Let me know what bike your ride (year and model) and I'll find one for you through my shop if you want.
I thought his was a 1000?

Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 PM

For real... how can they charge re-stock fee on something they don't have in stock?
When I was heavily into DJing, I was a member of a DJ forum. I ordered a part for this mixer that I had. The part was on backorder. I didn't really need the part; it was a spare in case the working one broke. Even though it was still on back order they charged my credit card. After 2 months of not receiving my part, and getting the run around through customer service emails, I called the company. I asked to speak to a supervisor, told him my situation, and explained politely that if I didn't get a real answer from him over the phone I was going to get on the forum and post to everyone not to order from them. I told him that I would do my best to tell every DJ I knew how pitiful their company was. Lo and behold, I received my part the very next day via UPS Next Day Air service.
Maybe you should call them and tell them something like that. Any respectable business knows that good word of mouth is the best advertising, and vice versa.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 AM

Its an 05 1krr. I dont believe that its discontinued in the least bit. No way honda would discontiue makin it after 2 years. This is crap. I told the girl to email me something saying that she will refund my money but I dont have that yet. If i dont get an email by 12 im callin them again and im gonna give them some ****e. I just want the email so i can go and buy another part somewhere else without having to worry bout them sending me the part all of a sudden ya know. Hell, i allready found another on ebay that is prolly $70 less than the ronayers one and the guy says that its suppossed to have all the kinks out of it that the oem model has. Plus 6 month warranty, which ronayers aint comin up wit. Im stillfackin heated from this.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:46 PM

Hey Dizzie,

For an aftermarket stator, check out:

http://www.electrosport.com/electros...al_honda3.html

They are supposed to be the best aftermarket.

For a factory one, check out:

http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/hard_parts.htm

If you know the Honda part number already, you can click on the "interactive pricing" and just enter the number. I bought some bearings and stuff for the Puzzle from Service. It took a couple of weeks (like most parts for a 900RR) to get them, but they were the best priced and I had no problems at all.

Is your reg/rec OK or just a bad battery? It seems awefully early for a stator to fail in a 2005.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have ordered from service honda a few times, never any problems, best prices too. can take 7-10 days to get though.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: 900RR Puzzle

Hey Dizzie,

For an aftermarket stator, check out:

http://www.electrosport.com/electros...al_honda3.html

They are supposed to be the best aftermarket.

For a factory one, check out:

http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/hard_parts.htm

If you know the Honda part number already, you can click on the "interactive pricing" and just enter the number. I bought some bearings and stuff for the Puzzle from Service. It took a couple of weeks (like most parts for a 900RR) to get them, but they were the best priced and I had no problems at all.

Is your reg/rec OK or just a bad battery? It seems awefully early for a stator to fail in a 2005.
well where u been? get that 900 done yet? I guess that the 04-05 models have been known to have stator problems. Found a buy on ebay that has one for bout $130, its aftermarket and it comes with a 6 month warranty and he says that it doesnt have any of the problems that the oem has had. Im just waiting right now to get a confirmation from ronayers that they are givin me my money back. Called them bout 15 mins ago and the short bus rider that answered the phone didnt know what the hell i was talking bout and said that he would email me if the part was discontinued. They are giving me the run around. Gonna call in another hour if i still dont have an email, and call me credit card company bout it also. Just wanna get my bike back and running again. At least with the down time im gonna have time to change the break lines. Gotta wait to add on my alarm and pc3 till after i get my bike runnin again. Anybody know if im gonna need to get a new batt or can i just jump it?

Quick Reply: Ron Ayers.com sucks balls