Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Roger Clemens Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Roger Clemens Poll

Guilty, get the electric chair charged up boys.....

Old 02-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Retired Moderator

I hate the fact that the best hitter and pitcher of all time are linked to an illegal substance. I hate the fact that these claims are retroactive (occured before the rules were in place). I hate the fact that our governmentis involved in America's pastime while we are on the verge of a recession. I hate the fact that I see a modernday witch hunt. I hate the fact that the"honorable"senators holding the hammer must have as many skeletonsin their closets as those they are persecuting. I hate the fact that this is a waste of our tax money.

I voted that Clemes is guilty. His best friend in the world (Andy Pettitte) would not sell him out if the claims were not true. I hopethis is not true as a Yankee fan, but I can't imagine a different outcome. Sucky!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned

Undecided.

Even if he is guilty, there is no hard evidence that show's he did. Only some trainer who has been caughtlying in the past. This whole subject is getting off hand.
The MLB,NBA,NHL and the NFL need to take responsibility for how they have allowed for this to happen. They also need to impliment more stringent rules and start enforcing them. Let what has already happened in the past, stay in the past and move forward.
just my $.02 for whatit's worth.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:31 PM

Guilty!!!!! He was juicin' up.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

2) Cigarettes PROVEN cancer causing
It's never been proven empirically that smoking causes cancer--imagine the moral implications of a double-blind study. The amount of objective evidence sure points in a single direction though...

And cheating with drugs is exactly why I abandoned team sports fandom and got into motorsports--no hormone is going to help you hit every apex lap after lap...

Old 02-15-2008, 12:02 AM

Why dont we add a "who gives a crap" to the voting poll. Im soo sick of hearing bout people using roids. Now they are tryin to say Mary J. Blidge, 50 cent and even freakin Tyler Perry. Who gives a crap if entertainers are using steriods. Like HGH is gonna push more albums, or movies. I just think this BS is making press articles sale so we gotta keep it up. Next thing you know we are gonna be going after comedians. "Larry the cable guy uses steriods to make him say Git-R-Done with authority"

Old 02-16-2008, 01:20 PM

i think 75% of baseball players used "performance enhancing drugs"... legal or not, if you cant play a sport without using something that MAY or MAY NOT be illegal, you are a clown! I hate baseball. I think they are over paid babies.

CLEMENS is a bum, he is trying to save face to make it to the hall of fame, his BEST FRIEND didn't "remember incorrectly" he is more than likely telling the truth.