Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The Roger Clemens Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Roger Clemens Poll

Discuss...

Old 02-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Roger Clemens Poll

being a HUGE yankee fan, i would love to see him not guilty...but then again, how does someone at that age pitch that well? i went with undecided

Old 02-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Banned

I understand some ofthe reasons why we don't want pro players using steroids, but the three things that bother me about this whole thing is:

1) Congress - we have a war going on, we have a struggling economy, and they are screwing around with baseball?

2) Cigarettes - why is it OK for cigarettes to be sold (PROVEN cancer causing, addicting, no social value) but not Steroids? Steroids at least can make you LOOK better.

3) Aren't there already laws about using illegal drugs or using drugs without a prescription?If you don't get these guys with a random drug test then they are clean enough. If they got the money to pay A-Rod a $100 million dollars, then they have the money to test these guys every week.

As far as Clemens goes, I kinda believe him, he was very convincing and the witness I saw that testified against him was an admitted liar and not very believable. So I am undecided, but really I don't care.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 AM
VP

but then again, how does someone at that age pitch that well?
Guilty

Old 02-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Ty

I'm sick of them dragging everybody's names through the dirt on hearsay. If they failed a test, they're guilty. If not, then they are innocent or you didn't test enough. Without proof, it doesn't matter how much we talk about this stuff. Nobody can ever prove one side or the other. McNamee seems shady, too. I don't know why, but he looks like he should be on "to catch a predator"

On the other hand, I kinda think Rog might be hiding something. Pettite wouldn't have sold him out otherwise.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 AM
RCR

+1 ON FISHFRY

Not going to vote cause I don't know if he did or not. I have not watched baseball since McGuire and this whole thing is blown out of porportian.

Basball and the goverment need to let it go and stop wasting all this money and make a law.

NEW LAW:::: All paid sports figures are required to drug test once a month for the duration of their signed contracts!!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guilty of perjury - yeah, probably.

But since probably 75% or more of MLB players are juicing, to single out him, or Barry Bonds, or anyone else is ridiculous. The Mitchell Report didn't do anything except publish dubious testimony that was unearthed by other people's investigations in a few locations. I'm sure you could find the same stuff going on in every clubhouse in the league.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM

WHO CARES!!!!!!!

OUR TAX DOLLARS + Toilet = this investigation.

why are we wasting our tax dollars on something this insignificant. couldnt we be busting some of the thousands of pounds of heroin coming into this country.. hmmmmm....

Old 02-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY (has to be said with a southern accent)!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

WHO CARES!!!!!!!

OUR TAX DOLLARS + Toilet = this investigation.

why are we wasting our tax dollars on something this insignificant. couldnt we be busting some of the thousands of pounds of heroin coming into this country.. hmmmmm....

+1000000000000000

Quick Reply: The Roger Clemens Poll