Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Roethlisberger Crash

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roethlisberger Crash

Today Steeler Nation to a huge hit when Ben Roethlisberger wrecked his motorcycle in downtown Pittsburgh. Details are still sketchy whether it was Big Ben's fault or not but what is known is that he was not wearing a helmet. Sounds like his head got pretty messed up cuz he went over the handlebars and then head first into the car's windshield.

Here are the stories:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06163/697655-100.stm'

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2480830

Old 06-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Default RE: Roethlisberger Crash

What was he riding? it wasn't a busa was it?

Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 PM

It looks like a busa from the pictures.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:20 PM

Looks like a Busa to me too.

Now for an important question: Why would he not wear a helmet? I mean, we've all got something to lose by not wearing a lid... but why would someone like him, with his job and fame and fortune, risk it?

And now that we know he survived, I can say this: What a dumbass.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:33 PM

It's all good. He wasn't wearing a helmet because he was just cruising. Now I don't know because I live in a state with a helmet law but from what I hear from all you guys is that it's impossible to crash when you're not wearing a helmet.

So what I want to hear from all you dumbasses that ride without helmets, did graity not get the memo that he was on the road or what?

Old 06-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Retired Mod

i am going to leave the helmet preaching alone. i am already f---ing sick of all the negative media attention. every sports commentator or public figure has an opinion on this subject, and they are all the same. ben shouldn't have been on a motorcycle because it is "wreckless and unresponsible". i'm absolutely fed up with negative media attention for motorcycle riding.

sorry for the rant, i've had the tv on espn all day and here this **** atleast every 5 minutes.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:12 PM

I'm sure charges are going to come, but when Ben is going straight (on his 2005 Hayabusa), and the Chrysler New Yorker turns left in front of him, how can the driver not get charged? It sounds to me like another case where the driver didn't see the motorcylist coming and turns right in front of him. Nothing Ben could have done but hit the brakes.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:58 PM

Either way, it looks possible that the Steelers will be without their Super Bowl quarterback for some time. He says that he rides without a helmet because "he's a risk taker". Like getting hit by guys that weigh over 300 lbs and are looking to decapitate you isn't enough of a risk. I love football and I love motorcycles. But, above all else, I love my family and want to come home to them after every ride. The articles that I have read don't say how fast or slow he was going, but what condition would he be in right now if he had been wearing a helmet?? Does anyone think that this will cause him to start wearing one? If he ever gets back on a bike!

We are all responsible for our own decisions. He made a decision, and now he has to face the consequences......and lots of pain. I hope that he will be back playing football and riding again soon. Maybe this will get some of the other riders out there that think they are invincible to strap on the brain bucket and save a couple of brain cells.

Ok, stepping off the soap box now. Thank you for your time. You've been a great audience.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:10 AM

Let this be a lesson to all that feel that helmets aren't required when you are "just out cruising".

Old 06-13-2006, 07:05 AM

I bet you he learned his lesson, cause when you go down it's either 1 of 2 options...
1) Thank god i had my helmet on.
or
2)I am such a **cking idiot and i wish i would have thrown my lid on.

Quick Reply: Roethlisberger Crash